Chapter 8

You know when some people say death is closure for all the sins we've done. If you come in contact with death embrace it because it is your time.

Well it's not my time to die.

My eyes looked at the cold eyes of the Griever. My breaths turned into pants of nervousness. It looked straight at me.

It leaned closer I cringed. Suddenly it yanked back and let out another ear splitting screech. I covered my ears. Suddenly I heard footsteps. Not footsteps more like clinking that was on the ground. I watched as about twenty more Grievers came out.

Seriously! Wasn't one killing me bad enough? The first Griever turned to the largest one. The seemed to be communicating. I looked around to see all of the Grievers looking at me. The smallest one had to be at least 2 feet high. It stumbled around on it's feet. It stood next to the largest one who seemed to be the leader, or the alpha, of the Grievers.

The baby Griever stood up on its legs and started to tip over. He honestly looked alot cuter then the others. He didn't have the same features. He stumbled around the older ones looked annoyed. I would laugh if I wasn't in this situation.

Suddenly the leader growled and grabbed the small one by its teeth. At first I thought it was going to kill him but he just put him in between his legs and glared at the little one who collapsed on the floor with a moody look.

This must be the leaders little.... Ummm little Griever. They didn't look viscous and cruel to me. They looked like a family.

The little ones eyes connected with mine. He got up stumbling again. The leader didn't notice still communicating with the others. With its eyes locked with mine he walked over stumbling a little. I scooted back an inch as it came in front of me.

It's metal foot thing came in contact with the vines and he tripped. Letting out a tiny screech. The leaders head whipped around and growled when he saw his ummm..... Child fallen on the floor. I gulped and the little one looked up at me. It's eyes filled with pain.

It's shoulder was sticking out. It was dislocated. I reached out but heard a screech from the leader. He growled at me I gulped. But I couldn't leave the little one hurt. I quickly grabbed him and popped it back in.

I heard two things. The little ones cry of pain and the leaders screech. I saw it running at me and closed my eyes waiting for the blow. But nothing came. I opened my eyes to see the leader checking over the little one. Who had stumbled on his feet. He wobbly leaned to me despite the leaders growl.

He pushed against my hand. With his nose. I looked at it surprised. He pushed again this time letting out a strange whine. I lifted my hand and the leader growled ready to attack me.

But I stroked the babies head. He purred and leaned closer to me. I smiled.

"Everything we knew about you...... Was wrong" I whispered.

The baby looked up confused at my words. I just stroked its head once more.

'Thank you' a voice said in my head I jumped and the little one scurried away a bit confused and scared.

'Who was that?'

'Its me.' The voice said. 'I'm right behind you.'

I slowly turned my head. And I met the leaders eyes.

'Hello Amanda!' My eyes widened a bit then I collapsed

-

When I woke up something. Was heavy. Something was laying on me. Something moving. I slowly lifted my head.