The New Kid

"Alvin!" Alvin jumped to the sound of something hitting his desk. "W-What?" Mr. Sanchez looked at him right in the eye. "What is the Latin word for multiple boys?" Alvin gulped. He didn't know. He was dozing off. "Uh...." He had to at least guess. It's better than nothing, right? "Uh...pueri?" Mr. Sanchez smiled. "Apparently you have been paying attention, because that is correct." Alvin smiled and sighed relieved. He saw Simon give him a small smile and thumbs up. Alvin smiled back. Simon was supposed to be in Spanish, but the principal said that he had to take a language other than Spanish, and the only other language was Latin. Which happened to be Alvin's class. Everyone says he doesn't like having his nerd of a brother in class with him, but in truth, Alvin didn't really consider him a nerd anymore. Sure, he still teased him, but he found a way to do it so it wasn't being mean to him. Of course, Alvin never really means any harm to him or Theodore, it's just in his nature. "Class," Mr. Sanchez clapped his hands to grab their attention. "We have a new student. Come on in, Marcus." Everyone watched as a kid about 5.5 walked into the room, smiling brightly. "Everyone, this is Marcus Smith." He gestured toward the boy, who waved. Everyone said hi. "Marcus, you can have a seat next to Alvin." Alvin raised his paw so he could find his seat. As he sat down, he looked at him. "Hi, Marcus, I'm-" Marcus gave him a cold stare. "I know who you are, Alvin Seville." He shook his head and turned back to the board. Alvin gulped quietly. "Um....okay....."

~Time Skip to Lunch~

Alvin sat at his table with his brothers. "So," Simon started. "What do you guys think of the new kid, Marcus?" Theodore smiled. "I like him." Alvin just shrugged. "He's alright. But, he gave me a weird look, like...I don't know, he hated me." Simon laughed. "Alvin, that's absurd." Which made him frown. "Simon, I'm serious, I think that kid despises me. And I really want to know why." Simon shook his head. "Alvin, stop being ridiculous. He's just a normal kid. Don't be so hard on him." Alvin groaned in annoyance. Simon may know everything, but he apparently, he couldn't see when Alvin was actually being serious. "You know what?" Alvin stood from his seat. "Typical, you never believe me. Why do I even tell you my feelings, if you won't support them?" Alvin walked away, furious. "Alvin? Alvin! Wait, I'm sorry!" Simon quickly stood. "Yeah, sure you are!" Alvin yelled in response. He didn't want them to see tears in his eyes.

As he was walking to the bathroom, he was grabbed by his hood. "Hello, muskrat." Marcus put him against a locker. "M-Marcus? What are you doing?" Marcus just laughed. "What does it look like, Alvin? I'm gonna beat you to a pulp." He swiftly threw Alvin against the locker. Falling to the ground, Alvin tried to get up, but Marcus threw him to the door, laughing evilly as he did so. Now, Alvin was starting to lose his breath. He couldn't take anymore of this. Before he could make the biggest move, they heard a door open. Marcus quickly knelt down and sneered at the weak chipmunk. "I'll get you, Seville." And then he was gone.