29. Trick or Treat

(A/n: this chapter is super long)

Athena Pov

I woke up with a horrible pain in my head --- and by the toilet. I was vomiting all night, well I think at night, I don't know. Something else I don't know is what happened last night.

Who took me home? And who drove my car home? Did I drive myself home, drunk? All I remember is going to the bar and getting wasted out of my mind, then I blacked out.

All this thinking isn't helping my horrible migraine. I get up from the bathroom floor and go into the kitchen. I try rubbing my temples to help with the pain, still hurts like a little bitch.

I then see Ashley and Josh sitting at the kitchen table. "Hey, how's your head?" Balz questions. Maybe he knows what the hell happened to me. "In pain." I answer, grabbing the pills from on top of the refrigerator.

"Do you know who took me home?" I ask him while grabbing two pills from the container bottle. "Chris did." He answers. Chris? Why would he take me home? We haven't talked since the cemetery. I bet he's furious at me.

I sigh and take down the two pills. "I just want to sleep all day." I tell them, sitting myself down and resting my head on my arm. "Well, not today." Ashley tells me. I ask why in awe. "It's Halloween, we always have parties each year."

It's Halloween? What? Caleb would have loved today, going out in his costume and getting free candy. "Here? You're going to throw it here?" I question. They both say yes at the same time.

"Don't worry, by the time it starts you won't be as hung over. You're going to have fun." Ashley assures me. Yeah right. "When does it start?" I ask them. "6." Ashley answers. Good because I need more time to sleep.

***

It's only 5:30 and people are already showing up. All of the guys are here but Chris, they came around 4. There's not a lot of people but enough to fill a table. Thankfully, I've been talking to Vinny so I didn't have to meet them.

"Hey, there's Chris." Vinny says, pointing behind me. I turn around and see Chris walking in, with a smile on his face as he greets Balz and with his hand around that women Ashley Costello.

Fury shoots up my body; I didn't do anything about it though. Me and Chris' eyes meet but he quickly looks away pretending he didn't see me. Jerk. "I need a drink." I say to Vinny then excuse myself to go to the wide beer and liquor table.

I grab the Jack Daniels bottle and take a couple of chugs. "The party hasn't even started yet, already trying to get drunk?" I hear Chris' voice play behind me. I put the bottle down and turn around. "Fuck off." I say then try walking away.

He stops me by blocking every step I take. I push him back but it's no use. "What do you want?" I question in frustration. "Can we go outside?" He asks me. If I don't say yes he's just going to keep annoying me. I sigh and nod my head yes.

We walk out to the backyard and I wait for him to say something. "Okay, what do you want?" I question, folding my arms. "I took you home, the least you can do is tell me what happened." He answers, referring to yesterday.

What else do I have to lose? "Well to start, Xavier is not really Xavier --- his name is Alex, and he's married." I reply, shrugging my shoulders, pretending like I wasn't hurt, when hurt was all I was. "Douche bag." He mumbles.

"Thanks, you know, for taking me home." I tell him, not in the I'm going shoot you in the face mood. "It's nothing." He tells me. I nod my head in an understanding way and tell him that I wanted to go inside.

***

"You're such a flirt!" I laugh at Ryan. Right now, I'm actually having fun. The party started about two hours ago and I've been hanging out with the guys, having a good laugh. I'm not sure where Chris and his date went, but I don't care.

I've had one or two beers --- I'm not drunk, but probably tipsy. "Only for you." Ryan says in a low voice. I then find myself blushing. Ghost then comes by Ryan and pushes him into me; I know it was on purpose.

All of a sudden I feel his lips on mine. Do I kiss back? I'm kissing back. Our lips moving in unison, I felt, weird. He pulled back, like if he felt the same way. "I'm sorry." He says, blushing, wiping whatever saliva was on his top lip.

"Don't be." I assure him, with a smile to let him know it's fine. "It was flattering."

An hour passes by and I still haven't seen Ashley or Chris. What if they are doing it in a room or something? That's all that's been in my mind. They're doing it. They're doing it. They're doing it.

"Hey, do you know where the vacuum is?" Ashley questions, talking over the loud music. "Yeah, it's in the guest room, I'll go get it." I tell her. She replies with a thanks. I then start to walk to the room.

I open the door and I see the first thing I was thinking of. Chris was on top of her, well until he saw me. Tears welled up in my eyes and I left the room. Why am I crying? I knew what they were doing, why did I have to be so nosy?

"Athena, what's wrong?" Ricky questions as I walk into the living room. "Nothing, I have to go." I say then walk past him and everyone who was here.

- Chris Pov -

I put on my shirt and try to run for her. I'm kind of glad that I'm out of the situation I was in --- I didn't really want to do anything with Ashley. I do feel bad though since she did pay for her flight here. "Where's Athena?" I question Ricky since he was the only one who saw her pass.

"She went outside, she was crying. What happened?" He questions. I didn't respond and ran outside. She was getting in her car, but with my long legs, I ran fast enough to get in her car before she drove off.

She wipes the tears off her face. "Get out my car." She demands, more in a disappointed voice than a mad voice. "Athena, I'm sorry." I tell her sympathetically. "Don't be. You're single. You can do whatever you want. I shouldn't care." She says, looking at me with the fakest smile.

"I'm tired of playing these games with you Athena. I like you, okay? I'm not into Ashley. Yes, we had a thing before, but I'm into you. I'm sick of us not talking, I want to be with you Athena. Just, be mine?"

She thought about it and smiled at me. "You, like me?" She questions. I smile back and nod my head yes. "Always have." I answer to her question. "Kiss me." She demands. I gladly listen and passionately place a kiss on her lips.

"Does this mean your mine?" I ask her after the kiss breaks. "Yes Christopher." She's mine, my girlfriend. My everything.