"Your lucky that I'm nice." Cain stated and after hearing a chuckle on the other side of the line, the phone went dead.

Since Alana had fallen asleep in the taxi, Cain was forced to carry her out and into her apartment. The full moon shone on the both of them and illuminated her innocent features, her thick pale pink lips being one of them. Cain couldn't help but wonder who her lips had kissed, except the Will guy that he had forgotten had even followed them to the party. In fact, Cain noted that if anyone should have been looking after Alana, it should have been him since he had claimed her as his girlfriend not too long ago, yet instead he was gallivanting around with who Cain was supposed to be with.

Her golden brown hair swayed loosely as he carried her in his arms, the second time, since she had been drunk, to her apartment door. Sliding the keys out of her purse seemed easier than it had been last time and he could easily imagine it becoming a habit. Tucking her into her bed, Cain pried his eyes away from her extremely short dress and resisted the urge to pull it down for her in case she suddenly woke up and thought that he was doing the complete opposite.

Feeling his phone vibrate once again and assuming that it was Bobby calling to check up on Alana, Cain answered angrily, 

"What do you want now?"

"What a nice way to greet a friend," Ben replied sarcastically.

"Oh sorry. I thought that you were Bobby. Why exactly are you calling me at two in the morning?" Cain quizzed, glancing at the wooden clock which hung on the light purple wall in Alana's room. Moving out of her room, he gently shut the door behind him and made his way to the living room.

"I was just wondering how the girl hunting was going," Ben stated. Cain could faintly hear the sound of the TV playing in the background and instantly realised that Ben had called him since he had been unable to sleep.

"It went just great. That annoying Will guy stole the only girl that looked fit for the job." Cain complained, remembering all too well what had happened.

***

"I'm Cain," "I'm Will," They had both introduced at the same time. Both men glared at each other but Will broke their gazes quicker than him and so easily gained the upper hand. Her pale blue, almost grey eyes watched them curiously and Cain could see her lips twitch slightly as a smirk threatened to form.

"I was wondering whether you'd like to dance with me. I saw you earlier but I was too shy to ask you before," Will grinned. Returning his smile, Cain immediately knew that his chances were gone due to his slow reactions as the two of them walked away, ignoring his existence. None of the other women in the party seemed to be up to his standards except her and he had blown his only chance.

***

Now that he thought about it, Cain realised that he had only been attracted to her eyes; eyes that were almost the same as Veronica's. He had to get over her. 

"I'm sure that there were other girls there man. You were just being picky," Ben commented, knowing him all too well.

"Where are you anyway? I can't hear any music." Ben noted.

"We had to leave early. The police shut it down because some idiots were selling drugs. Alana and I barely got away." Cain explained simply.

"Alana and I." Ben mocked, chuckling loudly on the other side of the phone.

"She's not mad at me anymore but I'm still not inviting her to the ball." Cain growled, knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"Fine, fine. I'll leave you alone. I'm going to go to bed now anyway. I'll speak to you later man." Ben informed him.