Alessio turned back around and raised his eyebrows up at her.

She removed her hand and placed her hand on her stomach. "Is there something wrong with Isabella?"

"Isabella?"

"My daughter." she whispered.

Alessio placed a hand on her shoulders. "Bella is fine. You're fine."

"Then why do I have to be at the hospital?" She questioned.

Alessio sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It's for the best tesora. I want to monitor your stress level to prevent anything bad from happening to you or the little bambina."

Ashley closed her eyes at his choice of endearment. For some reason, Alessio always seemed to cease her worries with everything he says. But she knew that he is hiding something from her. Something crucial. "Alessio please."

"Trust me." he muttered.

A tear dripped down her face as she looked him in the eyes. "I do. I just. She's the only thing I have left to live for Alessio. Without her, I can't be anything. I would give up my life for her. Just let me know Alessio. So that I can prepare myself for the worse."

Ashley felt a hand on her shoulders.

"Ashley, is everything okay?" Mayla's voice said softly behind her.

Ashley nodded her head and wiped away her tears. She didn't remove her eyes away from Alessio's. "Everything is fine."

"Hello Dr. Morcelli, it's good to see you again."

"Likewise." Alessio said, nodding his head at Mayla. He looked at Ashley with a unknown look in his eyes. "I'll see you later."

Ashley nodded her head. "Thank you Alessio." she said, giving him a look saying that she's not done talking with him.

"Why don't you stay?"

Alessio and Ashley snapped their heads toward Mayla who grinned. Ashley had a horrified expression on her face at her best friend's suggestion while Alessio looked downright confused at the invitation.

"We have a lot of food and can use extra help in finishing it up." Mayla raised an eyebrow up at him. "Come help us."

Alessio shook his head with a tight-lipped smile. "It's alright. I must be getting back home. Maybe next time."

"Nonsense." she said, grabbing his hand and dragging him into the kitchen.

Ashley's mouth shot down. She hurried after them and walked into the kitchen feeling all eyes on her, Mayla, and Alessio. She looked at Alessio apologetically and mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to him.

He smiled back at her and nodded his head. He turned back to the crowd and placed his mask back on. "Good evening," he said smoothly without an emotions.

"Ashley, who is your friend?" Elena asked innocently.

Ashley coughed and pulled Alessio towards a chair, wanting the ground to open up and swallow her whole. "This is Alessio. He's my doctor." Her eyes moved over the many faces. She stopped when she got to Dante's.

His jaw had been clenched and his eyes narrowed. A vein stood out in his neck, throbbing. He looked back between Ashley and Alessio, his face getting redder by the second. He locked his eyes with Ashley.

She raised his eyebrow up at him and sat down. She removed her eyes from him and leaned in towards Alessio. "I'm sorry about this. I didn't know she was going to do that."