chapter 1

[Jessica's POV]

"but mom we've been saving up for this trip for months!" I yelled.

"Jess I already told you no your to young," my mom argued.

"this isn't fair! I never get to do anything! I'm almost 18 why can't I go!" I argued back.

"don't argue with your mother, she knows best," my dad cut in.

"your not going and that's final now go to your room," my mom ordered.

"UUGGHH!" I whined.

I trudged up the stairs and slammed my door behind me getting a "hey!" from my mom downstairs. Lacey, our German Shepard, was on my bed with her head in her paws pouting at me. I sat on my bed next to her scratching her head and looking down at my fully packed suitcase on the floor, this was suppose to be the trip of my life... my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out seeing a text from Kyle.

K- so what did your parents say?

I stared at the text for about 5 minutes before I texted him back.

J- they said ya come pick me up in 20 minutes where leaving early! :)

I put my phone down before slowly opening my door and peaking out. I tip toed over to the stairs looking over the railing seeing my parents on the couch dads arms around my moms shoulder. I quietly went back into my room lightly shutting the door and started to get the rest of my things together.

in a small bag I got all my bathroom needs together and put them in my suit case. I double checked I had all the clothes I would need and my phone charger along with them. I went to my dresser where a metal safe sat on top and found my hidden key and opened it. I lifted the lid revealing almost a year of work and babysitting money all folded up together. if I counted this all right I had almost $5000 sitting in front of me... minus the plane ticket I had bought I while ago.

I threw it all in my purse before hearing a cars engine pull up out front. I ran to the window seeing Kyle get out of his black 1967 Chevy Impala. I quickly found my phone and called him before he made it to the front door.

"hello?"
"don't come inside!"
"why not?"
"just meet me by my window..."
"..."

I hung up before he could ask more questions and picked my heavy suitcase up and rolled it to the window. I slid the window open and almost screamed when I seen Kyle in the other side taking the screen off.

"Jesus! how did you get up here so fast?" I whispered/yelled at him.

"easy, just climbed on your dads truck," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

I playfully rolled my eyes before picking my suit case up and handing it to him. I turned my bedroom light off before I stuffed my bed with pillows making me look like I was in it. this won't fool my parents but it will give me some time.

I climbed out the window and quietly shut it before going to the edge of the roof and sitting on it letting my legs dangle. I tucked my long black hair behind my ears looking down from the roof. Kyle was standing in the back of my dads truck, my suitcase in the lawn, and was waiting for me.

"come on I'll catch you," he told me.

"for your sake you better..." I said.

he laughed at me and I took a deep breath before sliding off the roof. two hands wrapped around my hips as Kyle caught me like he promised, the only problem was... the trucks alarm steered to go off.

"shit! let's go!" Kyle yelled jumping out.

I jumped out after him and grabbed my suit case before booking it to his car that he already had started. I quickly climbed into the back seat with my suit case and shut the door the same time as Kyle hit the gas and took off. I looked through the back windshield and watched my dad come outside in his robe Turing his alarm off and looking up and down the streets.

"that was close," I laughed finally breathing again.

"haha climb up here," he said patting the front seat.

I secured my suitcase on the floor between the two seats before I awkwardly climbed over the console and into the front seat. 

"your parents are gonna freak you know that right?" Kyle asked.

"I know, I left them a little note letting them know I'll be fine and they can punish me all they want when I get home," I chuckled.

"well aren't you a rebel," he joked elbowing my arm.

"shut and drive to the air port," I laughed at him.

hey guys hope you like it, it's something new and different. so please VOTE and COMMENT:)