After School Special

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm gonna do my best to help you right now. Pull yourself together, man! You're better than wallowing in your sorrows and you better get your ass here right now mister because if not, I'll do something, that I will figure out later!" she exclaimed jokingly, trying to cheer him up.

She heard a chuckle come from him and it made her smile. "Yeah, sure, Natalie. I'm looking forward to whatever you will figure out later."

She giggled in return, her hand going through her hair as she pulled it backwards. "Oh, shut up. I was just trying to cheer you up, dumbass."

She knew he was about to respond, but before anything could be said, her phone was ripped out of her hand and a hand was wrapped around her mouth, dragging her with the person, who was dragging her towards the library.

▹▹▹

It hadn't taken long before the person who grabbed her had been revealed to be Rebekah, who already had Elena in the library, compelled to stay there. Natalie did drink vervain, because she was good at rationalizing, as compared to the others in town, who had no vervain at all, so she was simply tied down to the chair, her wrist strapped to it, and she could be easily stopped if she tried to get out with a chair against her wrist.

After a short while, Caroline was brought in too, and supposedly, she had talked to Stefan who had been called by Natalie's phone to inform him of their current situation, and then the blonde vampire got taken before she could stake Rebekah as planned (with the white oak stake).

But then the last person was brought in and it was Stefan Salvatore himself, and he was as compelled as the others, and he noticed the fact that Natalie was tied to the chair as the vampires simply seemed to stay put. He sat down in a chair between Caroline and Natalie, trying to distance himself from Elena.

Rebekah then seemed very excited, bringing with her new minion April Young, who just seemed very confused about the whole ordeal. "Class is in session. You've all been compelled; you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learnt, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?"

The doppelganger answered reluctantly, not even meeting the original's eyes. "A map."

The blonde seemed victorious at being able to get answers out of someone who hates her so much so  quickly. "Which led to...? Caroline?"

"A cure for vampirism." the younger blonde answered, using a very similar tone of voice like the one Elena used.

"Perfect, so we're all caught up," Rebekah smiled at the only two who didn't know about the cure before her daggering. "Stefan and Natalie, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which Stefan got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong."

Rebekah heard the scribbling of a pen and turned to April, who had a notebook and a pen as she wrote down everything that was being said. "What are you doing?"

The blue-eyed brunette looked up at her with wide eyes, having thought she was simply doing what she was instructed to do, and hopefully doing a good job at it. "Oh, you asked me to take notes."

"I wasn't being literal, darling. But now that you mention it...a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push-pins. Go, fetch." Rebekah commanded the small girl, who nodded rapidly, ready to do whatever the dangerous vampire told her to do.