Chapter 16~ Not What It Seems (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

 “What’s wrong?” Lauren asked, concerned about her best friend.

 “Well, I decided to join the army. I start in two days,” and with that, I started crying. I cried at the loss of my best friend, I cried that I might not see him again, I cried because it might be my fault he did it in the first place.

END OF FLASHBACK

"That's wimpy," I said, speaking my mind.

"Excuse me?" I felt him getting mad.

"You say that just because you're going to guard a stupid Mexican border thing, you can't be with me!" I was raising my voice but what else could I do. I didn't feel as bad as I did when Louis betrayed me, I knew it was love, but this, it was just... a lost friendship

"No! I know it's been a few years but you can't stick to the past! I know that you've never really gotten over Louis! You know why, you never got closure, no reason, no nothing. If you asked him, mabe he'd tell you but you were too darn stupid to see that he was perfect for you! Grow up! What was in the past, leave it there and move on, don't blame him for somthing that happened, what? A year ago? El, he is sorry for what he did! He even contacted me, asking if I had your new number. No sleezy player would do that for a girl," he finished, his words said one thing but his eyes said another thing in total.

"I know, but what if I don't want to grow up! You don't define me, I define me! I am still young, why can't you accept I'm not perfect, I don't want to grow up! I hate how people say that you are who you say you are, but then they tell me what to do. Someone like you, Chris!" I slipped out by accident.

Once he heard that, his face was red, and not from embarrassment, it was from anger. "You know what, El, I've tried to help you. You may hate me, but I'm only trying to help you. Louis is good for you. If you can't see that then I don't know what to do. I'm leaving either way, and I'd rather not leave on a bad note with you. I love you, El, I do. But Louis had you first and you should be with him," he said painfully.

"I love you, too. I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to come out. I hate it when people try to define me," I laughed softly. "But what if Louis isn't good for me and you are good for me?" 

"You can't live your life on 'what ifs'. If there's a cliff, jump. Who knows what's going to be at the end of the fall. It may be scary and frightening. But when you look back, you'll smile at the experiance."

"I know what would happen if i jumped off a cliff, I would die, but you're right. I'm going to miss you so much. Remember to say goodbye to Lauren. She would kill you if you didn't."

He laughed and nodded. I stood up and hugged him. I kissed him on his cheeck and thanked him again softly in his ear. I basically ran out of the store, almost bumping into two people, they grabbed my forearm before I fell. 

"Are you ok?" A think british accent asked me. 

I looked up to see 2/5 of One Direction, Liam and Zayn. Liam had his hair buzzed and the last time I saw him in person, he had the bieber cut. Zayn chuckled in front of me, his hand still grabbed my forearm. 

"What is it? Is there something on my face?" I asked, self consciously touching my face. 

"No, it's just that we've been standing here for a minute and you were just staring at us like you were deep in thought," Liam laughed. 

"Wow, very funny. Hahaha." I sarcastically said. "It's just I haven't seen you guys in a long time and you look different."

"El, Louis used to be this naturally fun person but he changed when you left. He was depressed for months, and wouldn't eat or sleep. But finally, he learned that he had to get over you, and no matter how many times he said he said he was over you, we could see in his eyes, he wasn't. I know that you think that what he did was bad, but what he did isn;t what it seems like. Even if we could tell you, it isn't our responsibility and the right to tell you," Liam explained to me with a sympathetic voice.