Chapter Three

Chapter Three - Reunion

It's been three years since I've seen the Rock. It's been two years since I've gotten over my "gay phase" and crush on him. It's been once year since I got married to my cat. It's been two months since I've gotten her pregnant.

I am a father-to-be!

I was so happy.

My Susan and I were so in love it physically hurt me. Like, every time I thought of her I needed a defibrillator because I just. I just. It just. Yeah. Like that. Just.

"Meow," said my wife. I leaned down, patting her head before pecking her cold nose softly.

"Meow," I whispered to her.

She hissed at me, lashing out at my face with claws extended. What the fuck, buddy? Don't fuckin' do that shit.

"What the hell?" I was enraged.

"Hssssss!" Susan responded.

I shook my head. "Do I fucking go around scratching you? No! Don't fucking do that again, cat."

Suddenly, she dropped her body, panting heavily. Her thick body sprawled out and her eyes drooping but her jaw was wide open with each spasm of pain rippling through her pelt. She was going to give birth.

I rushed, picking her up and sprinting at full speed to the car. This was the worst timing. My heart rate had picked up and I was nervous as fuck. What if she didn't make it?

Tears pricked my eyes at the thought but I quickly blinked them away. I had to be strong for her.

Dead on arrival at the local hospital, I ran her into the medical building in search of a doctor and open room.

"Come with me," Nurse Sheeran ushered in his accent. He looked pretty odd to be a nurse.

Nurse Sheeran crammed us down narrow hallways, swerving past irrelevant patients to the pregnancy hall where my lovely Susan was going to give birth to my kids.

But the doctor was the Rock.

Goddammit.