6 | Hallucinating

That was the fifth time you had seen him in the last few days, mocking you and laughing at you, as he stood in the room's corner

That was the fifth time you had seen him in the last few days, mocking you and laughing at you, as he stood in the room's corner. Or he would sit beside you while you are, and he would lie beside you at night, making it hard for you to sleep. He was a ghost, invisible and haunting. Nobody else could see him and nobody else knew he was there.

Was he just a figment of your imagination? Was he supposed to be a constant reminder? A reminder of whom you really belonged to. It was becoming painfully clear to you that there was no escape. There were no exits and no other way for you to leave the crazy train, the one that was headed for the even crazier station.

You couldn't talk to your cousin about it, and you definitely couldn't talk to Sebastian about it. He would just worry about you, and you had received enough of that. Not that you weren't happy to receive all the love and attention you could from the handsome butler. But you wanted to work this out on your own. No matter how much it scared you.

Deep down you knew the blond-haired, sadistic male wasn't really there. He was nothing more than an illusion, one that you had conjured up. It was your fear that had come to life.

Now you weren't someone who could be viewed as weak. Heck, you were someone who could keep up with Sebastian when it came to sparring and whatnot. That being the case, what you had been through when you were captured and the beating you had received in that alleyway, was enough to scare anyone.

Even though you weren't weak, right now you would've been mistaken for being exactly that.

It was clear to the butler that there was something very wrong with you. You were growing thinner by the day, and black circles were visible below your eyes. It did nothing to your beauty, but it still concerned him. Also, he had noticed how you would pause in whatever you were doing and stare into the corner of the room. How you would be sleep-talking and making pained expressions in your sleep.

Sebastian was good at picking up on your emotions, and he knew when you were happy, sad, angry, or even lustful. The demon was probably the only one who knew everything about you. Sadly, he hadn't gained the ideal opportunity to ask you what was bothering you.

The manor as of late had been hectic, ever since they had received the letter from Alois. As much as Ciel wanted to refuse the letter and tell Alois not to come, he had to keep up appearances. Meaning that he had no choice but to allow the Trancy to come to his manor.

Everyone was preparing for it and they were all thinking up ideas on how to protect you from him. Sebastian was debating whether or not to tell you. But you seemed out of it most of the time, even if you reassured him you were fine every time he asked.

At the moment, he was making tea and baking some treats for the young Earls. Soon it would be time for Trancy's arrival and Sebastian hoped that you wouldn't find out about his visit.

A scream echoed throughout the manor. It ricocheted around the rooms and bounced off the walls. The scream was so loud and shrill that it caused everyone to stop in their tracks and cover their ears. Sebastian recognised the voice and ran towards where he thought it was coming from. He stopped just outside the door and his eyes widened slightly at what he saw.

You were cowering on the floor, gazing up at the face that haunted your nightmares and even haunted you when you were awake. Your fingers scratched at your scalp as you tugged on your hair. This wasn't another one of your hallucinations; he was real. Oh so very real, and he was now standing in front of you. On his face was the same smile that followed you everywhere.

What was he doing here? Was he going to take you away again? You looked around you and your eyes rested on Sebastian. You jumped to your feet and clumsily ran towards him; you stumbled a little, and you finally reached where he stood. You hid behind him and clutched at his jacket. Wearily, you peered around him and looked at your past tormenter. Sebastian looked down at you, concern filling his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to comfort you, but right now that was going to be impossible to do so.

You burrowed your face in Sebastian's back and jumped a little when you felt someone tap your shoulder. Cautiously, you looked behind you and saw none other than Alois Trancy before you. How had he gotten there so fast?

"It's splendid to see you again (y/n)." He smiled a close-eyed smile that sent shivers from your head to your toes. 

You fell backwards and felt strong arms catch you. 

Now, what's going to happen?