0

❝ There are six important things I learned from that one time I got stranded in what was probably the smallest tiniest little town in all of Scotland.

Number One: Never leave home to go to a different continent for a total of three weeks without telling your parents.

Number Two: Never tell said parents that you are sorry for leaving, and that you will be back in time for your older brother's wedding, if you are not completely sure you will actually be in time for your older brother's wedding.

Which brings us to Number Three: Never find yourself stranded in what is probably the smallest tiniest little town in Scotland the day before said brother's wedding.

And Number Four: Never travel dressed for a wedding (dress, high heels) on an airplane that can be forced to land in what is probably the smallest tiniest little town in Scotland... during a snowstorm.

Number Five: If you have absolutely no other choice, you can trust the overly sarcastic yet amiable boy your age that offers his company.

But only if you don't have another choice, because, Number Six: If you decide to trust said boy despite what your parents told you about talking to strangers when you were five, remember that you asked for all the craziness that is about to come. 

Elle's journal: The Europe Trip