4 Tips for Developing Bigger Biceps

By engaging in heavy weight lifting, you can expect your arms to develop bigger muscles. While you are performing some intense exercises, microscopic tears appear in your muscles. What happens is that your body overcompensates in order to respond to the trauma. What happens is that the damaged tissue is fixed and doubled as well. As a result, you develop bigger and stronger muscles.

Engaging in high resistance [http://www.bfrbands.com/ weights exercises] is an excellent way to have bigger muscles, but you can surely do something to enhance its growth. Here are some tips for you:

1. Alter the way you grip.

Instead of wrapping your thumb over your barbell or an E-Z bar, you should position your thumb under the bar as you grip it. Through this, more pressure will be places on your biceps and triceps because your forearm will not be affecting much your movements or motion. As such, your arm muscles will have to double their effort for each rep.

2. Do not forget about your triceps.

If you are a regular at a gym, it is possible that heavy weight lifting is part of your routine so that you can enhance your biceps. To achieve your goal, you should also pay attention to your triceps. The reason is that the bigger muscles are located in your upper arm. When you focus on triceps workouts that isolate the muscle (lying triceps extensions, narrow-grip bench presses, and dips), you will gain bigger muscles in your arms.

3. Don't rush things.

When it comes to timing your exercises, the ideal time is one second to three seconds down for each rep. And to work your biceps and triceps better, you should lower the weight gradually. Trainers always say that by slowing down your lifting, more tension is put on your muscles.

4. Heavy weight lifting is highly recommended.

When you lift heavy weights, your body produces muscle building hormones, which make it so much easier for your muscle mass to grow. Bicep curls are an excellent workout for muscle building, too, but involving your arms in your workouts will give you greater results in less time. You should do exercises that will engage your joints.

If you cannot do some heavy weight lifting because of an injury, you should use occlusion training. With occlusion training, you can grow your muscles without having to life extremely heavy weights.

With this technique, you can gain bigger muscles even while lifting light weights as long as you wrap your limbs with restriction bands. With the help of [http://www.amazon.com/Occlusion-Training-Bands-Blood-Restriction/dp/B00QCOUMEM/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1436245021&sr=1-2 BFR restriction bands], the blood flow from the working muscles are limited. This results to the development of bigger hypertrophy muscle mass.