Why was she blaming me? How could I have known that her mom was going to die? If I had known I would've done everything I could that was within my power. I wouldn't want anyone to lose their mom because I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did, especially Amy. My body jerked and I felt solid ground under me. I knew then that this was a side effect. Being able to understand people and feel their emotions after reading their minds was a gift from all my elements, including spirit and so I had to tap into spirit as well to be able to read minds. The bonds were different since they relied on my power from all of the element as well as the boys' power to keep it going. That's what the bond fed off to give it the energy to keep going. My body jerked again and I heard noise. It was like static noise that you hear when a television is first turned on.

I went cold. All feeling ceased to exist. My heart hurt. Maybe it was my fault. It was my fault that Chris got hurt. It was my fault that his girlfriend was evil. I knew yet I didn't tell him because he wouldn't have believed me. If only I had, maybe he wouldn't be hurting so much about it. If only he understood what was going through my mind. I'm positive that he probably hates me for it but just pretends that he cares about me. It's my fault why the whole family feel the need to protect me because I'm a burden. And maybe it was my fault why Amy's mom was killed. We believed that everything happened for a reason. Well maybe it was my fault. Perhaps Cathy had died so that I could teach Amy how to be a witch. Maybe if I had never made friends with her then this wouldn't be happening.

Things went black. Maybe now spirit had killed me for overusing it. At least it would be better than facing Amy and her hate. She will never blame me because now I'm dead. Now I won't ever have to worry about turning into that monster from my dream, and having to deal with the demons.

But what about Wyatt and Chris and Melinda  something whispered around me. A female voice coaxing me to think. I didn't want to think.

You can't abandon them. Think how sad they will be when you're gone and who will look after Chris if he starts to get depressed again. If you die you will break your promise to them, because you will no longer be there to support them  the voice said around me. Echoing in my ears. My heart swelled. I couldn't leave them. They would need me. I couldn't let them face the demons on their own. What if I'm needed to fill in the Charmed Ones if one of them gets hurt? It will be my fault then if they join me here. I couldn't let that happen. No one else will die for me. Amy will just have to hate me for the rest of my life.

Chris, I need a lifeline  I sent to him, hoping that it reached him somehow since I wasn't sure if I was actually dead and therefore wasn't sure if my bonds existed with the boys. This was the phrase we had agreed to send to each other if we were in really big trouble. Trouble that we couldn't get out of on our own. I wouldn't be able to get out of the dark without help. I needed Chris or Wyatt, and if it fried my powers even more by sending them this plea so be it, at least I will be there for them.

Things happened slowly then. First the black receded and I was left feeling weightless. Then my hearing returned and I heard Melinda sobbing and felt someone holding me. Tears dripping on my face.

"Lila. If you can hear me Wyatt and I need to tell you something. You are not to blame for any of those things. You're not a burden to anyone. My parents love you like you're a fourth child. Melinda and Wyatt love you like you're their sister. I love you as well okay, and you're not to blame. I understand why you didn't tell me. We were young and I was dumb and you thought you were protecting me. But we are here for each other now. I'm here for you now. This time you need me more than I need you" he said. If I was awake, or whatever, I could've hugged him so hard.

"Hey sis it's Mel. Please don't leave us. Who am I gonna talk to 'bout that cute guy in my class. I don't particularly want to talk to Wyatt or Chris about him. How awkward would that be?" she said and heard her chuckle slightly even though there was no emotion behind her laugh. She called me sis. That's the first time she's ever called me sis. Gosh I couldn't leave her now.