Chapter Eight

Nerves settled in the pit of Emmalee's stomach as Asher lead her into a club she had never even heard of before. They had bypassed the line where at least a hundred people grumbled and complained and walked directly passed them to the security guard who merely nodded his head and let them pass. She let him take her hand as they entered the dark dark corridor, the beat of the music vibrating her already nervous stomach.

"Where are we?" She heard herself yell, unsure if he was even able to hear her even then.

Asher turned to look at her, his signature goofy grin covering his face, and he leaned down pressing his lips close to her ear causing her to blush at their sudden closeness. "This is Declan's before midlife, midlife crisis." He laughed. "Welcome to Déjà Vu."

Her eyes widened as his words sank in. Declan owned this place? "You guys are rock stars and club owners?" She asked incredulously, the shock on her face causing Asher to laugh.

"I'm just a rock star. " He said, winking at her. "I don't have time for all of this. Declan, though, has specific tastes, he expects certain standards to be met." He said with a shrug, lightly taking her by the arm to lead her through the crowd of dancing couples. He released his hold on her once the approached the bar, and pulled out the stool for her.

"Thank you." She said lightly, taking the seat. Glancing around, she took in the sight before her. The club was dimly lit with strobe lights flicking on the dance floor. The Deejay sat in the far right corner, speaking with a couple she assumed was putting in a request. To the left of him was a lounge of sorts, a massive glass table surrounded by a plush white sofa and a matching love seat. Despite the many occupants, the place was immaculate.

"What would you like to drink, Emmalee?" Asher asked, pulling her back to the present.

"Uh, " She said with a nervous smile. "I don't really know. I never really drank before. "

Asher stared at her a moment, completely floored, before chuckling softly. "Ahh," He sighed happily. "Sweet and innocent Emmalee, we're going to have so much fun corrupting you. " He teased.

She couldn't stop the blush the found her cheeks. "What do you mean by that?"

He laughed, merely shaking his head. "Nothing to worry about right now. " He winked. " Would you prefer to go somewhere else? We don't have to drink. "

Emmalee shook her head. "No, it's okay. I want to stay. " She said simply. Going out and drinking had never been on her priority list, simply for the fact that at one point in her life she has always been working, but mostly she never saw the fun in having a drink at a bar alone. "I'll have what you're having. "

A small smirked curled his lips as he stared at her a moment. Turning, he waved over the bar tender and leaned over the counter. "Two shots of tequila, salt, lemon, and a coke. "

She watched as the bartender nodded, and moved to grab to shot glasses. He quickly poured the tequila into each of the glasses before hanging a lemon on the side of each glass before grabbing another glass, filling it with ice and coke. Pushing the three glasses and a salt shaker towards Asher, he smiled. "Are we doing a tab tonight Asher?" He asked.

"You bet." He replied with a goofy grin before turning his attention to Emmalee. Gently, he pushed the coke over I front of her and smiled. "You'll need that. " He said before placing her shot in front of her. "Alright,"He said, taking her hand, running his finger over the skin between her thumb and pointer finger. "Lick here and shake some salt on top of it. " He released her hand and demonstrated on his own, quickly passing the salt.

She nodded, but followed his instructions, feeling slightly odd about it. "Okay?" She asked.

"Now, remove the lemon and place it on the napkin at the side of your glass. " He said as he did so himself. "On the count of three we are going to lick of the salt, take the shot, then bite the lemon. Got it?" He smiled as Emmalee nodded. " One, two, three..."