Chapter Five: The Theakok's Adventure.

A long, long way away Marcel and Paddy were leading Kate and Humphrey silently across the forest floor, heading for a small, wood cabin with a camper/van parked out in front of it, a radio blaring from it's front seat.

    Quickly they slipped up behind the van, and Marcel used his golf club to flip open the back door." Your ride home!" He said.

    "Quick, get in!" Paddy said, gesturing them forward.

    Humphrey hopped up, his front feet on the bumper and looked inside the van's room. He frowned, it was a mess, bits and pieces of junk were scattered all over the place, and a pair of stickers were facing one another one with 'Librarians Rule!' written across it, and the other with a wreath of flames." What!" He exclaimed, dropping back to the ground." Boxed up twice in one day! What are the odds?"

    Suddenly the door to the cabin swung open and two humans appeared, one opening the door for the other, holding the two suitcases he carried under one arm like nothing." Hide!" Marcel and Paddy cried.

    Quickly they slipped around the end of the van, and peered out at the two humans as they walked down the steps of the cabin's small porch." That right there is Garn and Debby Theakoks!" Paddy said, pointing out at the two humans, and adjusting a little pack he had picked up that carried an assortment of golfers paraphanalia.

    A more mismatched couple, Humphrey had never seen. One of the humans was a massive black-bearded man, his shoulders covered in flame tatoo's, his arms as big around as Humphrey's waist, wearing a bikers jacket and jeans, the other was a tiny little woman wearing a dress, glasses, and carrying a hand bag.

    "Lucky for you, they travel every year to Jasper, right after Sawtooth." Marcel said.

    "The days looking pretty!" Garn exclaimed, tossing the suitcases into the back of the van." And so's my woman!"

    Suddenly the radio stopped the announcements and started up on a strange rock-and-roll type song." Oh!" Debby said softly." This is the song we me too!"

    "Come here you!" Garn said, stepping forward and sweeping Debby into his arms." Lets dance!"

    The two humans suddenly began to dance, coming dangerously close to where the four animals hid. Instantly they slipped under the van. Marcel turned to Kate and Humphrey and raised his golf club." Now, he was in a motorcycle gang, and she was a librarian, and um-"

    "Like opposites attract if you will." Put in Paddy.

    "Yes." Marcel said." In this case, it was a bookstore that also sold beer. So, they met."

    "Come on!" Said Kate suddenly, cutting off Humphrey who was humming to the music." We have to get in!"

    The couple had now dance around the edge of the van, and the two wolves slipped out, Kate leaped up to pull the door back open (Garn had shut it), when suddenly Garn and Debby reappeared, their backs to Kate and Humphrey. Kate leaped backwards in fright, right next to Humphrey, the stepped back, and then forward, and then slipped around to the side, keeping behind the two dancers.

   Humphrey grinned at Kate and she suddenly realized that they were copying the two humans moves, she growled to herself and shoved the moment to the side. Then the couple slipped around to the other side of the van, and Marcel hopped out again and flipped the door back open, frantically gesturing them to get in.

    Kate leaped up, but her back feet caught on the bottom of the door and she fell backwards . . . right into Humphrey's open arms. He slipped her around, just in cue with Garn and Debby, and lowered her till she was almost touching the ground. Kate glanced sideways at the two humans, oblivous of the fact that Humphrey was holding her.