-Michael-

The dew shone off the ends of the pine needles; hanging like drops of starlight as a slight mist covered the ground. I didn't have to look any further to know where I was- I was in the Clearing again. The enchanted place where magic and nature collided.

I heard something rustle in the bushes in front of me, and looked up in time to see him step out. "He" was a massive wolf with smoky gray fur and eyes the same brown as murky river water. "Nova.." I whispered, dipping my head respectfully to my old friend. A growl of happiness rumbled deep in his broad chest before I heard his telepathic voice. "My son.. I've taught you many things, but my last lesson to you will without a doubt be my greatest." I looked at the ancient wolf, mentally questioning him. "What..do you mean?" "Michael, my days are growing short. I am the last full wolf of my line, as you already know, and in order for the Line of Wolves to continue, I must have a successor.. Little one, I have taught you everything I know. My skills have become your skills, my wisdom has become your wisdom. With this, I give you both my elemental powers and my spirit. The great Alphas of my people will now have a new member.. Make them proud, Michael."
With that, my mentor closed his eyes and leaned forward to touch his lupine nose to my forehead.