I

The wind whipped around me making my checks red and my lips dry. The snow and fallen leaves crunched under my combat boots. I was forced to lead another invasion. The only pro is that I could order as few as nessacery be killed. When Will lead they wiped out everyone.

I was just trying to get back to Chase. We had started in Alaska talking out weak small packs, only. Now we were back to in the U.S., close to the place I once called home. I figured he had already moved on and started a family with someone else, who could blame him though. It had been three years. Three years since I had seen a familiar face or been in my bed.

For the past three years Will and I trained none stop. Turns out having a white wolf comes with its perks. I was now the best fighter in our little group of misfits but also the smallest. For the first few months I had refused to eat and now with all the running and training, I hardly ever have to time to sit down and take a break.

"Shay, everyone is here and ready to be divided." I turned to look at Lacey. She was the only one I could stand to look at out of the 300 people here.

"You lead quadrant two. Blake you have three. Casey you four." by now everyone was used to this they had our tactics memorized down to the name of each persons in each quadrant. I always lead one and Lacey always lead two and then debating on who pissed me off the least and was in the best condition lead three and four.

"One on the North side, two on the South side, three on the West, and four on the East. Don't move in until I say so. No one gets in or out until I signal."

Everyone was so dysfunctional,but I had to hand it to them they could fight.

"Let's move."

It was dusk by the time we left our camp ground and made it the Blue Moon pack house. We divid into four quadrants so the place was surround. The patrol men didn't even have a chance to call it in.

While everyone fought Lacey and I went in and scoped out the pack house she always took down stairs and I took up.

I never even had to shift. As I made my way onto what looked like the Alpha's floor I could hear quite sniffles. When I walked into a room painted a light pink with stuffed animals littering the floor I knew the sound was a child. By the scent it was the Alpha's. When I opened the closet door there sat two kids. A little girl and a little boy.

"Sh. It's okay I won't hurt you." I whispered, "I'm going to give you a note and I want to run all the way to Sliver Blood Pack and give it to Alpha Chase okay? If anyone tries to stop you tell them Shay sent you okay? But do not leave until everyone is gone. Wait thirty minutes."

"O-Okay." she sobbed.

"They'll take care of you. Now go and pack a bag for you and your brother a small one fast." I instructed.

She quickly jumped up and ran out of the room. While she was gone I rummaged through the room until I found a pencil and paper.

Dead Chase,
I'm sending the children to you because Will sent us to invade. I found them in the closet. Please take care of them. They should explain what happened. They have a small bag of clothes. Don't worry about me. I'll be home soon.
Love, Shay

When the girl returned she packed herself a bag I stuffed the note into her jacket and whispered a quick prayer to the moon goddess someone would figure it out. I ushered them back into the closet before going over the plan again.

"Don't leave until you can't smell me anymore." I whispered.

I quickly ran into the Alpha's room and grabbed a necklace so it looked like I had looked for valuables.

I ran down the stairs to Lacey, "We need to go this pack had strong alliances."

I rounded everyone up and sent them back towards the meeting house. I didn't call it a pack house I really couldn't. I despised these people and I if I could help it I'd just invade places by myself.

____

"I got almost a thousand bucks, a few credit cards, and this jewelry." Lacey nodded at Will as we turned in our findings like always.

"And you Shay?" he grinned over enthusiastically.

"This necklace." I threw it onto the table, gritting my teeth to keep my self from hoping over the table and strangling him with it.

"I'm starting to think you're keeping stuff secretly."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Defiantly I leave the house all the time I have so many ways to use it and spend it."

"Strip." he commanded.

I growled at him before Lacey patted my shoulder. I jerked off my jacket and then my shirt.

When I was left in nothing but my bra and panties I threw my clothes at Will. 

"Go on. Turn around." he whirled his finger around.

I put my hands on the back of my head and turned slowly.

He began to go through the contains of my pockets.

"I'm leaving. While you stand there and over step your boundaries once again I'll be in the shower."

When I finally made it up stairs to Lacey and I's shared room I stripped the rest of the way and climbed into the shower.

The cold water made my skin tingle, similar to the way Chase's skin felt against mine,but he was warm so very very warm.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I ran my hand over my stomach.

I was pregnant. I didn't even know it until I miscarried. It was awful. My first day here I had to fight this girl and she hit me directly in the stomach hard enough to knock me down. There was blood so much fucking blood. God it was horrid I had to hold my breath. Everyone stared at me as I sat there sobbing. No one tried to comfort me or talk to me they just stared. Then Lacey stepped forward, that's how we met. The worst part is Chase didn't know. And if I never made it home,he never would.

"Will said lights out by midnight." Lacey mumbled from the other side of the door.

I hated it here. I hated the people, the food, the house, sometimes myself. I hated it all I hated everything that had to do with this God for saken place.

The only thing that gave me hope was the thought of making my way to Chase, back to my Alpha mate.

OMG OMG OMG GUYS!!!!

The Alpha's Mate officially has 35.7k reads, 797 votes and 30 comments.

Thank you guys so so much💖

I'll be posting a chapter, hopefully, every Monday.

I wrote and edited this on my phone so sorry about mistakes.

Comments, questions, and concerns can go here.

Don't forget to vote and share.

Much love 💖