Meeting Peter Pan and Now

Recap:
I heard the snap of a tree branch, I turned around and felt my heart begin to race.

"Is someone there?"

Another snap was heard and couldn't help but run as fast as I could. I stumbled a little from the bushes and vines. After I was a suitable amount of distance away from the noise source I came to a walking pace. I continued to walk on through the forest, getting dress stuck in a few places. I groaned in annoyance as it continued to do so.

"Curse this wretched dress!" I growled as I managed to get it stuck on another tree branch. I yanked it back and heard a tearing noise.

"You have got to be kidding me" I sighed, a tear taking place at the bottom of my dress.

"Looks like someone's having trouble. May I ask why you're on my island?"

I spun around and faced a boy about my age. He had a deep English accent and brilliant green eyes. It was almost mesmerizing hearing his voice and staring into his eyes.

"Where did you come from?" I asked. He smirked and let out a humorous chuckle.

"I'll be asking the questions darling. Now answer me, why are you on my island?" He snarled, his eyes seemed to darken as he became angry.

"I don't know, I was just walking around and then next thing I know, I'm being chased, I found a magical bean and poof, here I am." I lied.

"Interesting. What's your name?" He raised his eyebrow in question.

"Bree French. What's your name?" I asked hesitantly.

"Did I forget to introduce myself? I'm Peter, Peter Pan."

*Back To When Bree Was In The Cage*

"Don't you just look comfortable in that cage?" I heard someone familiar ask.

I looked up from my curled position and glared at the source of the voice. It was none other than Peter Pan.

"Yeah, I just love being dragged into a camp in the middle of the woods, tossed to some other guy to take me to a cage, and then left alone for God-Knows how long." I spat at him with anger.

"That pretty little mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble. I recommend watching your tongue, love." Peter growled menacingly.

I clamped my mouth shut and looked down. Being in a nonviolent family, it makes you more obedient to orders. Especially when you know that the other person may have an advantage like in this situation.

"When can I come out?" I asked quietly.

"When you learn to tell me the truth...." He trailed with a knowing smirk. I looked up and stared at him with widened eyes.

"What do you mean?" I played innocently, looking anywhere other than him.

"I mean, tell me the truth about how in the world, you got here." Peter implied impatiently.

"I escaped my castle, ran into the Infinite Forest, looked for a man named Jeffery, ended up not being helped by said man, believed in your shadow figure, was swept away by the shadow figure, crash landed on the beach, and you can figure out the rest." I explained, knowing that there wasn't a point in lying further.

"Why did you escape your castle? You don't like being kind and merciful?" Peter mocked.

"No, I was told that there was to be an arranged marriage after I turn 18." I corrected.

"Let me guess, you want to find true love. Good luck finding that, cause it doesn't exist." Peter snickered.

"Just because you haven't found it, doesn't mean that it isn't real. True love is as real as you and I are, as real as this creepy island." I frowned.