t w e n t y - e i g h t

Where am I?

How did I get here?

I was in a random house, the last thing I remember is going home after the lights went out at the school. 

And now, here I am. 

"Hello? Alex?" My voice echoed letting me know the house was empty. The only light I had was the moonlight that shun through the windows.

I walked upstairs holding onto the railing just in case I were to somehow fall. You know how much skill it takes to trip over nothing?

Yeah it takes a lot of skill because that's what happened once I reached the top of the stairs. It felt like I was being pushed from behind but no one was there.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Again no answer just the sound of my voice echoing. 

All of a sudden I heard what sounded like a music box playing. I don't know why but I knew I had to go to it. 

My feet moved on their own, as we rounded the nearest corner a series of doors opened on their own. This wasn't right.

This can't be right. 

I walked down the hallway that seemed endless. Each time I passed a door the music only got louder. Suddenly as the last door opened there was a man standing there.

"Hello?" I called out but he only smiled but it didn't seem right. It was like, he had no face only a mouth that was forced to smile. There was darkness surronding him.

He held out a hand towards me, and no matter how much I wanted to scream and run. I just couldn't, my body was moving on it's own. 

"Let me in." His voice was dark, it sent a shiver down my spine. That's when I knew I had to run. I snapped out of my trance and stopped walking.

He suddenly got angry. He screamed which caused me to scream as well. 

I turned to run but there was no door behind me. "What?! No! No! No!" I was forced to turn back around and come face to face with the man.

I screamed as loud as I could. 

The next thing I knew I was in a room, screaming myself awake. 

"Emily!" Someone was holding me but their touch was unfamiliar to me. "No! No! Let me go!" I screamed and pushed them away. 

There was a loud thud signalling I had pushed them off the bed.

I got up and backed up against the wall. The person stood up and my eyes widened in fear, it was the man. 

I screamed and pushed myself against the wall hoping just maybe I'd get farther away from the man. "No! No!" 

He walked towards me and I screamed louder.

"A mate for a mate."  

The way his voice sounded made me shake my head. 

"I'm sorry! Please!" I was begging, I didn't want to die.

"Emily! It's me!" The man got closer and as he did the darkness that surrounded him disappeared, and there standing in his place was another man.

Except this man was beautiful, his eyes were staring into mine, and just from seeing his face I relaxed a bit.

"Who are you?" Suddenly there was a frown on his face.

"You see, you're not going to live to make it to homecoming night."

My eyes widened in fear as I heard the other mans voice again. His voice would make anyone cower in fear, it made me want to cut off my ears.

"Emily? What's wrong?" I snapped attention back to the man in front of me.

Who's Emily?

"It's okay, you're okay." I shook my head. Not believing him. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" I looked around the room and noticed a few other people had entered as well. 

Who were they?

"You'll be dead soon."

That man's voice was in my head. I covered my ears and closed my eyes. 

"I don't want to hear it." I kept mumbling. 

"Emily. Hey look at me." The man in front of me made me look at him. 

Who the hell is Emily!? My name isn't Emily!

He took my hands in his and I opened my eyes. "Who are you?" I asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. 

"You don't remember me?" I shook my head confused. "I've never seen you before in my life." 

Then it hit me, there was someone missing. 

"Where's Xavier?"