e i g h t

"What do you mean you won't be back until October?"

My father was currently explaining to me how he and my mother are vacationing and he wants longer alone time with her.

"It's only for awhile dear." How is October, awhile?! "I don't like it." I mumbled, clearly giving in.

"I know sweetheart. I know." My dad spoke in a soothing voice and I sighed. "Okay, fine. You owe me and you better use protection! I don't need a baby me running around."

Dad began coughing violently while I laughed. "Emily Marie Reynolds! I ... We're going to have a talk when I get back. I got to go, I love you bye."

Hanging up, I set down the house phone. "Em? You ready?" I nodded at Sylvia walking over to her.

"Yeah just talking to mom." I explained to her. "Well then let's go." She dragged me to the living room where everyone was waiting.

"Ready?" I wanted to say no but I couldn't. "Ready as I'll ever be." They all grabbed their things and we headed out.

Syl and I would follow behind them as we went to their place. I guess my place was to boring? I don't know.

"Come on Deuce." He hopped into the back and I closed the door.

"Does he have to come?" I glared at Aiden, "Of course! I'm not leaving him alone!"

He raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay."

"Let's go! Before it starts raining again."

» × «

"Hello? Earth to Ems." Syl was waving her hand in front of my face.

Their house was bigger than mine, they're crazy if they think my house is big.

"Right, sorry." She chuckled and linked our arms together. "Let's enter the castle." I laughed and let her drag me inside.

They showed us around and I was amazed.

It was huge.

We walked into the game room, "You have an actual photo booth inside?!" Syl gasped already dragging me towards it.

"It's for Chloe." Alexander explained, watching us with amusement.

Syl looked at me pleadingly, making me shake my head. "No, oh no."

"Please." She begged, giving me the puppy eyes.

Don't give in. Oh but she looks so cute. Ugh, okay fine.

"Okay fine." She squealed and dragged me inside. We posed several time and when we finished I couldn't stop laughing.

"You guys are so adorable." Layla told us while smiling. "Always and forever." Syl swung her arm over my shoulder.

"Family above all." I kissed her cheek playfully.

"Hey, can I borrow Em for like an hour or two?" Sophia asked. "Sure." I followed her out of the room to another room across the hall.

"We need to work on our project." She smiled at me. "Of course." The room we were in looked like a music room I'm assuming.

"So I was thinking we could do a mash up." I sat down at the keyboard. "I know a song." She smiled and sat next to me.

"Really which one?" I started to play the tune and she smiled.

"It's perfect."

» × «

A hour later Sophia and I finished working when Alex came in.

"What's up ladies?" I rolled my eyes and yawned. "Let's work on this later?" Sophia nodded and collected our notes.

"Where's Syl?" I asked Alex as he sat next to me. "She's with Tyler and the others watching a movie." I nodded and leaned on him.

This was nice.

Wait, do I like Alexander? No, I can't.

"And Deucalion?" He chuckled. "Probably asleep and with Sylvia." I nodded and yawned again.

"Are you tired?" I shook my head, "No, I just get tired fast when it comes to singing."

"Sing something for me?" He asked. "Okay, only something short ." He nodded and I sat up placing my hands on the keyboard.

"I thought that I've been hurt before but no ones ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife, now I need someone to breathe me back to life."

"Got a feeling that I'm going under, but I know that I'll make it out alive. If I quit calling you my lover, move on."

"You watch me bleed until I can't breathe. I'm shaking, falling onto my knees and now that I'm without your kisses. I'll be needing stitches."

"I'm tripping over myself, I'm aching, begging you to come help and now that I'm without your kisses. I'll be needing stitches."

I stopped playing and he smiled at me, "You have a good voice."

I thanked him and got up, "Let's go with everyone else?"

I don't know why but I held out my hand. He smiled and took it, the warmth that his hand brought me kind of scared me.

Was this normal? I'm positive that it shouldn't be.

I mean the whole fireworks and sparks thing, is only a fairytale. Right? It has to be.

We walked into what I'm guessing was the theater room, which might I add was huge.

"2.0 version of Netflix and chill."

Sylvia suddenly bursted out into tears with laughter as she got up and gave me a high five.

"That ... was ... a ... good ... one." She told me in between laughs. "You guys are so childish." Chloe muttered, I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Puh-lease. You probably lost your virginity with Netflix and chill."

She blushed profoundly and looked away, "Not even close." I gasped at her and went to sit next to her.

My hand not in Alex's suddenly made me feel ... lonely?

What was this boy doing to me?

"I want details! Tell me everything." She started laughing and shook her head. "So not happening." I pouted.

"I'll tell you about mine." Her eyes widened and I could have sworn I heard a growl?

"You lost your v-card?" I shook my head laughing. "No, I was joking."

Sylvia was the only one laughing, "I'm losing so much weight right now."

I plopped down next to her and leaned on her. "So guys what now?"

"I think I have an idea." Chloe looked evil right now.

This is not going to be good.