t w e n t y

» Sylvia's POV «

Something was up, I hadn't seen anyone all day. 

It's quite rude honestly. So I didn't the only thing logical, went to Tyler's.

Oddly there were more people around than usual, I should look around. After I find out what the hell is going on, that is.

Some people bowed to me, and I could only smile. I didn't understand until someone greeted me as Luna. 

"Tyler?" Like I said he hadn't shown up to school today and I was worried since neither did Em. 

"Tyler?" Again no response. Where the hell is he?

"Can I help you?" I jumped and spun around to see some lady. 

"I'm looking for Tyler. I'm Sylvia." I held my hand out to her and she squealed.

"Oh my god! You're his mate!" She pulled me into a hug and I awkwardly hugged her back. 

"I'm Ella. Ella Hale. Tyler's mom." 

Oh my jesus. "Hi. Oh I feel rude, for barging in so unexpected." 

She waved it off, "None sense you're welcomed here anytime." 

I smiled at her, "Thank you. Have you seen Tyler?" 

She gestured me to follow and we ended up in the kitchen. "He's out on official business." 

And he didn't tell me? "Oh, do you know when he'll be back?" She shook her head  and pulled a cookie tray out of the oven.

"Probably later tonight." I oohed and slumped a bit. 

"Don't look so down, love. I'm sure he's going crazy without you by his side." I forced a laugh, "Yeah." 

Before she could say something , I heard Emily's voice. "Leave me alone, Alexander." 

I threw a smile towards Ella before rushing off to find Emily. "Please, let me explain." Alex was practically on his knees. 

"What's going on?" I butted in feeling the need to.

Em gave me a thankful look, "Did you bring my car?" 

I nodded and held up the keys. "Give me a ride?" Of course I said yes. 

She gave me an extra key to her car so that I didn't have to walk to school, whenever she was sick. 

So today my mom gave me a ride and I took the bus home so I could use her car to get here.

"Em please." She ignored him and grabbed my hand. 

"Goodbye." She didn't even look him, and before I could say anything she was already pulling me out the door.

"Em what happened?" She just got in the car, ignoring me. 

"Okay then." I gave a small wave to Alex before getting into the drivers seat.

"Now the drive home you better start talking." Em sighed and nodded. 

"Okay."

» × «

"Are you sure? This is Alexander, you're mate, and my best friend we're talking about here." I asked her in disbelief. 

I mean that's crazy, isn't it? Wait I take that back.

She sighed and sat next to me when we got inside her house. "Yes, that's what the man said." 

"You never got his name?" She shook her head. "He never mentioned it then again I never got to ask." She ran a hand through her hair and looked really upset.

"Em, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay." I rubbed her back soothingly as she leaned her head on me.

"I just feel like, I don't even know who he is anymore. You know?" I sighed and gave her side hug. 

"I know baby. Everything will be okay." I heard her sniffle and it broke my heart seeing my best friend like this. 

"But the crazy thing is, he told me something." I frowned and made her face me.

"What did he say?" She pulled out her phone and typed it in her notes. 

My eyes widened and she shushed me, "Should I be worried?" She shrugged slightly.

"Just keep your guard up and have either Ty or I on speed dial. Okay?" I ordered and she nodded before laying on the couch with her feet on my lap.

"I just don't know what to do." Truth be told, I don't know how to help her right now either. 

I'm still kind of shocked that man is alive. "Everything will work out."

She smiled at me and slowly dosed off. My phone started ringing and I smiled at the caller ID. "Hello?" 

"A little birdie told me that you met my mother today." I laughed and let out a sigh. "Yeah, it was okay? I guess."

He chuckled and sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I should've but I wanted to keep you safe." I wanted to tell him about Em, but I but my tongue. 

"It's fine, I guess. I mean it's not like I could've helped with anything anyways." 

He let out a sigh, "That's not true, you-" Before he could finish I cut him off. 

"Oh bite your tongue. It's true, I'm nothing but a human amongst werewolves." 

He sighed making me roll my eyes. "Syl, I love you for who you are. Nothing less, and nothing more." 

I smiled, "Well I love you too, Mr. Big Bad Alpha." He growled playfully, "You're one to talk, Luna." 

Something about the way he said it, make my heart flutter. "Better come to school tomorrow. I hated being alone." 

He chuckled, "But of course my love. I got to go, but I'll come see you tonight. I love you." 

I sighed in content, "I love you too." 

We hung up and I looked at Emily who was now sleeping on the couch. 

If someone were to come up to us and tell us, we'd be mates to werewolves. I would've laughed. 

Now everything's changing, and honestly I hate change. 

Change means moving on and moving on means that more change happens. It's scary.

I laid on the opposite couch and set my alarm for nine, even though I'll probably sleep through it.

I had a bad feeling in my gut, I just didn't know what it meant.