Chapter 5

Fitz's POV

I jumped out of the helicopter that had just picked me up from a mission in Paris, Coulson's orders were to rescue a hostage. I had run into trouble with a rogue inhuman with Mack, sadly he had gotten away with no harm. However I had picked up a sample of deoxyribonucleic acid to take to S.H.I.E.L.D's leading scientists, or rather scientist.

I slowly walked into the lab and instinctively hugged a familiar brown haired scientist, wait... "Jemma?"

She stood up.
"Hi Fitz."
"Jemma! You are back?"
I pressed my lips against hers but quickly drew back.
"Oh, Fitz. I was here the whole time!" She put her hand on the left side of my chest where my heart is.

She stood up on her tiptoes and put her arms around my neck. I couldn't believe that she had come back so soon. How had she come ba- my thought track was frozen with her lips softly pressing against mine, I kissed her back, more passionately this time. I couldn't believe that she was back... It was too good to be true. Almost like a dream...

"Fitz!" Daisy's voice made me wake up, my eyes snapped open.
"Fitz, you had better be ready. I'm coming in!"
I fought back tears as I knew that my dream may never become a reality.

Author's note

Hello!
I can't believe that it is so close to the season 3 premiere!

I am thinking about starting a one shot series about the team, so if you have any ideas please tell me!