Chapter 10

Lauren's POV

"Michaela guess what!"

"WHAT?" she gasps.

"I have a hot date tonight!" I squeal.

"Oh yeah." she says, and I my shoulders drop.

"Can you at least be happy for me? It's the first time we don't have a game on a friday this year and I have a date with a football player. And a hot one at that."

"I am happy that your happy, but I don't think this is what is going to make you happy."

"What?" I honestly have no idea what she just said.

"I'm saying that I don't think going on this date will make you happy in the long run."

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" I ask, slightly annoyed that she doesn't see how excited I am about this date.

"I'm sorry it's just you barely know this guy, Shawn, or whatever his name is. You really no nothing about him."

"See that is why I am going on a date with him." I say slowly.

"But you haven't heard anything about him from other girls."

"And that is a good thing! I mean if I hear anything from other girls it would be bad stuff, stuff like 'he cheated on me' or 'he used me' but I don't hear anything. Nothing bad-"

"And nothing good." she interrupts me.

"Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good boyfriend! Maybe he is a total sweetheart and doesn't go on dates much, if it's that than at least I will know he isn't a player and won't cheat!"

"But it doesn't mean anything good will come out of this relationship either! Lolo, I love you, but I seriously think you are making a huge mistake by going out with this guy. I just don't have a good feeling about this and I don't want you to get hurt."

I don't want to here any more complaints from her, so I hang up. Seriously though, who does she think she is say that about a guy I really like! Shawn could be my soulmate for all I know. And why Michaela is so hell-bound on me not going on this date I have no idea. But I know for sure that I like Shawn, and I am going on this date and having a good time. I am going to be a normal seventeen year-old girl.

I get out of my car and grab my dance bag and my backpack from the passenger seat. I unlock my door and say hi to Natalie before running up the stairs, still wanting to talk to her about why she was so cold to me when she was at a boy's house.

I throw off my clothes until I'm left in my sports bra and underwear, and I call Alyssa, asking if she wanted to come over to help me get ready. Soon the doorbell rings and run downstairs, yelling for Natalie not to answer it, knowing it's Alyssa.

I open the door, and my jaw drops as Dylan scratches the back of his neck.

"Hi." he says, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Uh, hi."

"I was uh, hoping we could talk."

"We seem to be doing that a lot lately."

"Yeah." he answers, looking at is feet.

"Uh, come in I guess," I say, and he walks in awkwardly. I shut the door behind him and we awkwardly walk upstairs to my room.

"So what do you wanna... talk about?"

"Maybe we can talk about why we are always avoiding each other, and then why you are going out with Shawn." he says, suddenly showing signs of confidence.