Chapter 4- Are You Kidding Me?

Two Weeks Later

Marie's Pov

Ever since that date with Lay he hasn't called or texted me for two straight weeks. I do know he is an idol but I thought he would have called to at least check up on how I am doing. He left me with that impression in the first place with the passionate moment we shared with one another.

However I need to get my life together, I am not going to chase him. I have a baby to worry about and myself included. I already told myself, whether Lay is in my life or not, I am not going to stay around moping. I have to be strong and continue with my life.

In a way when I think about it if Lay were to just forget about the baby and me to just continue his career. I would not have to worry about the crazy amount of paparazzi or the Koreaboos that would start attacking me and my integrity.

I am about to become a mother so I need to make my baby a priority right now. So I made the decision to schedule an appointment for the baby because I am 5 weeks pregnant and I need to make sure that my health is in check. Plus I feel that I need some dietary advice because I have been eating like a madwoman.

So I ignored any thoughts concerning Lay and I called my OBGYN Dr. Lin. She is a Chinese woman in her late twenties with black long silk hair and very petite features. When I began going to her clinic she was nothing but super sweet to me and is more like an older sister.

I do not know how to bring up my pregnancy to her because she is another person besides Laura that I am able to confide in. I gathered up my courage and dialed her number on my cell phone, on the second ring she picked up. Despite my nerves flaring throughout my body, I greeted her in a steady tone, "Hi Dr. Lin it is me, Marie, I just wanted to ask if you can possibly bump me in your schedule for an appointment".

I can hear her faint chuckles from the other side of the receiver, "Marie stop being so formal by calling me Dr. Lin just call me Lin, you should know that by now. However, to answer your question, I would be able to bump you into my schedule. I am confused though because I believe you already had a pap smear done, is there something wrong.

Shit, I don't know what to say, I rather tell her about my pregnancy in person rather than on the phone, "Oh I just have some questions concerning things, do not worry it is not a big deal."

Really, Marie, it is not a big deal. You are literally having a celebrity baby due to the stupid one night stand that you had on your birthday. Let alone the father of your baby is not even communicating with you to make sure that you are alive or dead.

I hear Lin on the line clear her throat and then say, "Okay that is no problem, I just need to double-check to make sure I have open slots for you".

There was a 1-minute silence on the phone and then I heard her say, "Marie you're a very lucky woman. If you are not doing anything today, I am able to see you today at 5:00 pm. Does that sound good to you because I am letting you know that I would be busy for the rest of the week since I have to check up on a lot of pregnant patients.".

When she mentioned the word pregnant, I felt the oxygen leaving the body and the only thing I am able to say is, "That would be great, I will see you later Lin. Bye".

She lightly chuckled and said, " Bye Marie."

I heard the receiver on the other end disconnect and I took off my phone. Despite it being such a short conversation, I have been feeling lonely because, for the last 2 weeks, Laura has been busy. I am not sure if it has to do with Chanyeol but all I know is she has not been around me much.

I am happy that she found someone she could deeply connect with despite all she has been through with men however I am still salty that she has not been here for me much. I swear when she gets pregnant I would ignore her like the Black Plague just so she can understand what I am feeling.