“No I haven’t! And you shouldn’t talk Prongs, the way you’ve been trying to get Evans’ attention the last many years!” He teased and James raised his eyebrows at him.

         “Have not!” he protested.

         “Oh please. We all know you’ve fancied her for four years, James.” Remus said and Sirius snorted triumphantly, “and you are not better Sirius. You are more love-struck than James, you have been since you met her on the train.”

         “I am not love-struck. I have just taken an interest in her.” Sirius argued.

         “Just remember she’s part Veela part Snape, right?”

         “Speaking of . . .” began Peter bringing his three friends attention to him, “did any of you hear Lily yelling at Snape about dark magic, Karolyn and something about her having problems?”

         “What?” asked Sirius and looked at the two girls again. They stood up and began walking towards the boys, “Never mind, we’ll get back to this later.” He said to the other boys.

         “Get back to what?” asked Karolyn, Sirius stood up immediately and smiled goofily at the purple-eyed girl in front of him.

         “Get back to talking about how beautiful you are.” He smirked.

         “Liar.” Lily sniggered from behind Karolyn.

Karolyn smiled, “Nice try, Sirius.”

         “Potter, Karolyn and I need to talk to you. Can you leave your friends for just a few seconds?” asked Lily, James stood up as well.

         “Of course.” He said and left his friends to take a walk with the two girls. Lily told him everything about Karolyn’s situation, explaining what had happened the previous night between him and the French girl. Karolyn stayed quiet throughout the whole conversation. Lily ended up by telling James about the potion and Karolyn’s plan to stay in the forest.

         “You want me to go in and give her the potion?”

         “Yes.”

         “She might kill me.”

         “For God’s sake! You run around with a werewolf once a month, you can handle a demon.” Lily sneered

         “Oh my God! Remus! He’s a werewolf, isn’t he?” Karolyn gasped. James sent Lily an annoyed look.

         “Great, you promised not to tell anyone, Lily.” He growled.

         “Are you really mad about this? Don’t you think we’re a little past getting grumpy about secrets?” Lily said exasperated.

         “James, I need your help. Please . . .” Karolyn pleaded and James let out a frustrated sigh, “I know you can protect yourself from me. You have done it once before.”

         “Fine. I'll help you, but if you kill me, I will haunt you forever!” James joked and winked at her. Karolyn threw her arms around James and gave him a long hug.

         “Thank you.” She whispered.

         “You’re welcome, but let me go please. I think Sirius might get jealous.” He grinned and she let him go, and sure enough . . . Sirius were still sitting with his two friends, bus his eyes were fixated on Karolyn, and he didn’t look happy about that hug; it had lasted a bit too long for his taste. Karolyn grinned and left Lily and James to run to Sirius. He stood up the second she came near.