Chapter 1: The Beginning.

Finishing my makeup. I grab my backpack and meet my best friend Alicia outside to walk to school. I bring her into a hug, "Glad your not sick yet, I heard it's going around" I laugh. As we make our way to school. "Yeah I heard Mrs. Jeffers next store is sick with it, hope she's okay." She says with a frown. I nod agreeing with her. Getting to the front of the school we part ways and go to class.
I walk past the nurses room seeing two kids throwing up into a trash can. I turn away and quickly make my way to my class room.
Before class starts I hear girls in the back of the room talking about a shooting that happened, I turn around and look at the video they're watching. A man is walking towards the police as they shoot him down, then the man gets back up and keeps walking. My eyes widen, as the police shoot a bullet right at his head and he stops moving, dead. I turn back around, as class begins. The whole time I can't stop thinking about that man, and what had happened. What's going on? I was awakened from my thoughts when then school bell rung.
I walk out of class still in shock from the video, as I feel someone push past me in a hurry. "Alicia?" I yell catching up to her. "Whats wrong?" I say concerned as she looks, shocked and nervous. "It's nick..he was hit by a car." My mouth drops, as I give her a tight hug, "let's go find your mom." I say rushing with her down the halls.