Like Cheney

Your POV:

"Everything looks good. Just keep an eye on those wounds." The doctor smiled.

"When will I be able to play again?"

"I'll say about 2 weeks at the most. They should heal up no problem."

I nodded. "Great." I laid my head back on the pillow and sighed. 

"Welcome to Olympic Qualifying! Today the USA will take on Puerto Rico." The announcer said. "All eyes are on the newest additions to the national team. Crystal Dunn getting back into the team after being cut from the World Cup roster. Y/N L/N also getting called up. Recently turned 18 years old she is the youngest player on the team right now."

"BRING IT IN!!" Abby yelled. We all ran over to her and huddled together. "First game of Qualifying today and we need to kill it! I want tons of goals especially from our youngsters." She looked at me. "Crystal give them hell. Y/N open the flood gates." We both nodded. "NOW LET'S WIN THIS SHIT!"

"Yeah! Let's get it DUNN!" Kelley said while nudging  Crystal in the side.

"Kel thats why you're on the bench." Tobin said running off towards the field. 

She sighed. "I thought it was funny." I whispered to her. "But I don't want to be benched like you so I kept my mouth shut." I smiled and ran off.

"ASH!" Alex yelled. "YOU GOT THIS!" 

"THANKS ALEX!" Ashlyn yelled back. She was starting in goal while Hope dealt with the case.

"NO PRESSURE!" I yelled.

She rolled her eyes. "SHUT UP Y/N!" 

We went on to win the game and the rest of the games we had. I scored 7 goals. 

After the game in the locker room, Amy called me over to her.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure." I said.

"You remind me a lot of Lauren." She said.

"Really?"

She nodded. "Just the way you play and how you are." She looked at me. "The way you are as a player and a person. Like Cheney." She said tearing up a little. 

I rubbed her back. "Can I tell you something?" 

"Yeah."

"During your speech on Lauren's last home game I cried like a baby." I said to her. 

"Why?"

"Cause your best friend was retiring. And don't even get me started on how much I cried watching the NWSL final."

"I cried too!" Megan said.

"Well duh you did lose. Again." Meghan said.

"I remember when I left my best friend when I moved here." I said. "I had to start over, make new friends and it wasn't easy. I talked to her a lot. And to this day we still talk." I smiled. "She's still my best friend even if I don't see her everyday just like Lauren's still yours." 

She smiled. "Can she stay on the team forever?" She said hugging me. 

Everyone laughed.

After being in the hospital for 4 days I was able to go home. Ally picked me up and we drove home.

"Who's with Rosa?" I asked her.

"Hope said she would watch her till we got home." She answered. I smiled. "You scared me yet again."

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I saw the blood and my heart stopped. Thank god I wasn't holding the baby."

 I laughed. "I'm sorry I keep scaring you but things like this are gonna happen. I play a physical sport Ally. I'm gonna get banged up a little but the trainers make sure we get right back in and it doesn't hurt us too much." 

She grabbed my hand. "I know. But I'm your wife, I have to worry about you." 

"And I have to worry about you too." We got to the house and walked inside. Hope was on the couch with Rosa fast asleep on her chest.

"Hey." Ally said shutting the door quietly.

"She fell asleep a little after you left." Hope whispered.

I walked over and picked up my daughter and held her. 

"How's the stomach?"

"Fine. Just got some holes in it." I smiled. "Everything's healing fine though."

"Good." She said. "Well I better get home." She stood up. "Let the family be." She laughed. 

Ally took Rosa from my arms. "I'll see you upstairs." She said kissing me quickly.

I walked Hope to the door. "In my years of playing as I pro I've seen weird injuries by getting stepped on. Hand getting stepped on, leg, foot. But never have I seen someone's abdomen get stepped on." I laughed. "That was the craziest thing I've ever seen."

"It was by far the weirdest moment of my career." I said to her. "Honestly."

"Yeah just don't do it again." She said. I said bye to her and she got in her car and drove home. I looked up at the sky.

"I won't."