Chapter 12: Help

Start bij het begin

His eyes widened and he gaped stupidly at me. "W-what are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't play dumb, Haz. I know you better than that."

He bit his lip and looked down, ashamed. I shook my head and ruffled his hair.

"Hey," I began. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, okay? Don't stress yourself about it."

He shook his head. "That's... Rou..." he kept on stammering and mumbled something underneath his breath.

"I'm gay." He said.

I blinked at him. "So?"

"You're not bothered?" He asked, confused.

I gave a small smile and shook my head. "I would never judge you like that, you know?"

He smiled, thankful. But I spotted something else in his eyes.

"There's something else, isn't there?" I asked.

He sighed. "Yup. I fell in love with the last person I thought I would." He said. "You know him too."

He stayed quiet after that, so I tried to think up of all the guys that we knew

"Is it... Joe?" I asked.

He looked at me bewildered. "What?! No, no way!"

I took another try. "Ben?"

"No."

"Rory?"

"No."

"Frank?"

"Nope."

"Gil?"

"Okay, you're not even trying another." Harry stated. "Luke would rip my eyes out if I even had so much as a tiny crush on him."

I chuckled. "Yeah, you got that right. Luke is too protective."

"And you're a terrible guesser, man."

"Thank you. So much." I replied, sarcasm coating my words.

He rolled his eyes. "It's..." his voice died down and he muttered the last part that I almost didn't catch it.

My eyes widened and I understood instantly why he had been hesitant about telling me.

"Oh my god." I exclaimed. "Jason?! And he knows that you're in love with him?"

He nodded. I clenched my fists in anger. Holy fuck, no wonder! Jason was the most homophobic person I knew. If he knew Harry was gay, then... lord, I can't even imagine what kinds of things he said.

Harry's eyes brimmed with tears. "You know, we had been best friends since forever so I trusted him. I was expecting rejection, but I never once thought that words that cruel would spill out of his mouth."

My eyes softened and I walked up to him and engulfed him in a hug.

"I don't know what Jason did, but I'll always be by you." I told him. "No matter what."

"Thank you." He whispered back.

Suddenly, "Who are you?!" a girl's voice boomed through the room.

Both me and Harry split apart and immediately turned around to see a long, black haired woman who looked in her late 20s, with glistening sky blue eyes.

We gulped as the lady came closer to us, her eyes widening and surprisingly, she started sniffing me.

I looked to Harry in confusion, who just seemed to be giving funny looks to the strange lady.