Finally

Finally

3 Years Later

I walk into my daughter's room because it's just too quiet, quiet is never good in this apartment. I crack the door open and hear her giggling, uh oh. I push the door open and see my little girl drawing all over the walls. "What are you doing, Victoria?" I say as she turns around and drops the crayons and throws her hands up in surrender. I can't help but to laugh, she picked that up from Ray. Every time we would joke around he would throw his hands up and Victoria just followed along. She picked up a lot of his habits which was both the cutest thing in the world and my worst nightmare. Ray has a tendency to curse around her and I was almost sure that her first word would be fuck, but fortunately her first word was mama which Ray wasn't all too happy about. He didn't talk to me for a few hours that day but he eventually got his wish, her second word just so happened to be fuck. We went to visit my parents and my mom was trying to get her to say grandma and instead Victoria decided to run around the house screaming fuck. Ray found it hilarious while I was a bit mad that she picked up on it, but I have to admit everyone's reactions were priceless

"Who gave you these Vic?" I say pointing at the crayons.

"Daddy said not to tell" She smacks her forehead realizing she gave away her father. I laugh at that, she's just too smart, it gets kind of overwhelming. This kid absorbs everything like a sponge.

"is daddy in trouble mommy?" I giggle and nod at her. "Oh poop" She runs to her bed and hides under her covers.

"Why is daddy in trouble?" Ray peeks his head through door. I try to glare at him but I can't help but smile at this.

"I don't know, how about you look?" I say pointing at Victoria's masterpiece plastered on the wall.

Ray just laughs and looks around the room spotting the lump underneath the covers. "Vic ratted me out huh? I wonder where that little girl is"

"Not here" a little voice comes from the lump in the covers.

I look at Ray and giggle, he walks over to the bed and plops down on the edge of it. "do you know where my Victoria is? I have a present for her and I can't find her" He says poking the lump. She shoots out the covers with a huge smile on her face. "Present? i'm right here" She starts jumping on the bed her little body filled with excitement. Ray grabs her and her eyes widen, he starts tickling her and she starts laughing like a lunatic. I just watch them as I remember the day I had her, I knew life would be different.

- Flashback -

"Baby you're almost there just keep breathing" Ray said calmly, I don't know how he was being so calm when all I wanted to do was punch him in the face. "This is all your fault" I say gripping his hand as another contraction shoots through my body. "Oh my fucking god, im gonna kill you" I was all sweaty and gross and Rays sitting there with a big smile plastered on his face. I wish men could give birth.

Time to push

"Oh it's getting good now" I hear Tessa say from across the room and suddenly I hear "Push it" start playing. Why did I let her in here?

Everyone looked at her and she just shrugged and let the song keep playing.

"Okay, baby isn't being very patient, Just take a deep breath and push Blake" I hear the nurse direct.

Push

"Come on Blake, push"

Push

I grip on Ray's hand, the tears start pouring from my eyes. It hurts so much.

"Baby, im right here, just stay calm" Ray looked at me with a worried expression and I looked down feeling really tired. "I can't Ray, it hurts, it hurts so much." He looks at me determinedly "Yes you can baby, do it for us" I nod tiredly.

"Push Blake"

Push

"Good job Blake, maybe two more and baby will be here"

1,2,3 Push

"One more time blake, baby's right there"

1,2,3 Push

I feel a huge weight lifted from me as I take a deep breath. Seconds later I hear a beautiful cry spread throughout the room. "It's a girl!" I hear the nurse say.

"You did it baby, I'm so proud of you" Ray says to me and plants a kiss on my lips then pulls away with tears in his eyes. "We have a daughter"

"Would you like to hold her?" I nod and the nurse hands me my daughter. She's so beautiful. So tiny and helpless. Her little hands and feet. I feel the tears fall from my eyes. This was a type of love that ran so much deeper than what I felt for Ray. I love my baby.

"She has your nose" I say looking at Ray who was in absolute awe of our baby.

"and she's just as beautiful as her mother." He looks at me as if the love he had for me was renewed. I blush and look down at my little nugget.

"Did you guys choose a name?" I hear Tessa say, I roll my eyes and laugh remembering her little stunt.

"Thanks for the little entertainment earlier, and no we didn't." Tessa has a huge smile on her face.

"We're not naming her Tessa" I say laughing. "Well shit, just kill my dreams, I just want to say that Tessa is a great name and she would be lucky to have it" She plops back down on the chair after her little speech.

---

A little while later my family came in one by one all of them asking what her name was, but me and Ray didn't really pick any. We didn't even know what we were having until, well today.

The nurse walks in with my little nugget sleeping peacefully and places her on the side of my bed in the crib.

"Any name yet?" She says as she grabs a pen.

I look at Ray and a spark lights up in my head. "Victoria Rose" I say looking at Ray, waiting for his approval.

"Its perfect" He says as he pecks my lips.

Victoria Rose Brenalds. Perfect.

- Present -

"What are you thinking about baby?" Ray asks me as he lets Victoria free from the tickle monster.

"Just how perfect this is, I've never been happier" Ray gets up and pulls me into his arms and kisses me deeply but are soon cut off by a grossed out 3 year old. "Ewwwwwwwwwwwww" Victoria covers her eyes and turns around. Me and Ray just laugh at her reaction but she gets mad and goes into the corner and starts pouting.

"Look what you did" I say laughing at Ray.

"Me? It wasn't just me" He looks at me as if he just got slapped silly.

I just laugh and hug him.

"I love you"

"I love you more" He replies.

"Impossible" I peck his cheek and push him to go to Victoria.

I have my little family and it's perfect. Our lives have changed so much from when we met and I wouldn't change a thing.

____________________________

I really hope I did the book justice with my one shot! I'd really hate not to because its an awesome book lol :D