Chapter 24

"Are you ready for this?" Daphne asked Jackie for the hundredth time.

"Mum, yes I'm ready. Now can we get going!" Jackie was scolding her mother. She wasn't sure who was more nervous out of the two of them.

"Alright, Alright. Lets go then."

Daphne was so proud of her daughter. All she had ever wanted was for her Jackie bear to grow up happy and have everything she ever wanted. She never imagined that she would be standing next to her, straightening her ivory silk dress, after they had just stepped out of the limo that had taken them to the church.

"You look so beautiful." There were tears streaming down Daphne's face.

"Mum, please stop before you set me off."

"I just wish your father could see you right now."

"I'm sure he's watching from up there." Jackie gestured towards the clear blue sky above, with her bouquet of yellow and white daisy's.

Daphne pulled the delicate vintage lace veil over Jackie's head and straightened the edge so that it hung around her shoulders.

Rose had joined them and was also dabbing at a stray tear that had made its way down her cheek. "I can't believe you are marrying the man of my dreams." She joked. She was wearing a pale lemon strapless a-line dress that was gathered under the bust line. Her hair was pulled back into a french twist and secured with white daisy pins.

"Oh Rose. I'm sure you will have no problems replacing him with one of the many eligible bachelors attending today." Jackie was fighting the tears now as well. It was no longer tears of sadness or confusion. They were tears of complete and utter happiness.

As they entered the church, Rose walked down the aisle first. Jackie's knees were shaking and her palms were sweating under the foliage of the flowers. She almost felt like she was going to faint. Taking several deep breaths, she snaked her hand around behind her mother's arm and nestled it at her elbow. She felt slightly calmer as she heard the wedding march start. She was thankful that the guests had stood as she made her way towards the alter as they slightly blocked her view of the waiting groom at the other end.

Philip and Marjorie Tyrell were watching their soon to be Daughter-in-law and Jackie thought she could see Marjorie dabbing at the corner of her eye. Philip had been jumping through hoops for Jackie after she had been released from the hospital. He had happily offered to pay for the whole wedding as a way of starting to make up for the conflict he had caused in hers and Dom's life. They hadn't reached complete happy families again, but were getting closer each day.

Dom turned to see his bride and had to take a step sideways to be able to see past the crowd. His heart lept out of his chest and his face broke out in the biggest smile anyone had ever seen. He couldn't believe that he was about to marry this beautiful angel that was walking towards him. He had spent almost every day at Jackie's side making sure that she had everything she needed, and he was prepared to do that for the rest of her life. Their eyes locked and could only see each other, as Jackie finally reached the end of the aisle and took her place next to Dom. She handed her bouquet to Rose and then placed her hands in Dom's. She could feel the slight tremble in his hands and smiled to let him know that she wasn't going anywhere.

They never broke their gaze throughout the ceremony, even when the minister asked if there was anyone who objected, they knew that no-one would dare say anything at that particular moment.

". . . . . . . . . . . For it was not into each others' ears that you whispered, but into each others' hearts, and it was not each others' lips that you kissed, but each others' soul. Before everyone here today you have both declared your love to one another and made promises that will last a lifetime. By the power vested in me – I now pronounce you husband and wife." The minister turned towards Dom.  "Dom, I know you have been waiting for this moment all day, you may kiss your bride."

Dom leaned in closer to Jackie and lifted her veil. "So, are you into voyeurism yet?" He whispered so that only Jackie could hear.

"I think on this occasion, I could make an exception."