­­24. ­­­­­­"He Got Involved With Another Dog"

Warning - Swearing ahead, so if you're susceptible to that kind of thing, I suggest you don't read on.
Further Warning - There. Are. Spoilers. Ahead. Can you please not stab me? Supernatural spoilers (till Season 10). SO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT DONUT READ ON AND IF YOU DO READ ON DONUT BLAME ME. Kk love you <3

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

"I hate you" he said the moment he looked at me. I smiled at Mr. Moron.
"You know you love me" I said teasingly and something flickered in his eyes. I must've imagined it because not a moment later he was scowling.
"What?" he said and I realized I hadn't stopped staring.
"Nothing. There's something on your face" I said, pretending to squint at him
"Oh wait, that is your face"
"Har har har, very funny"
"It is" I said and we walked in amicable silence to the animal shelter. I hated to admit it, but he wasn't so bad a partner. I still hated him, don't get me wrong, but he didn't suck as much as I thought he did. Which was a little less than a lot now.

This would make the visits to the animal shelter a lot easier, but even if this wasn't the case, there always was kitty. She. Was. Adorkable. No seriously. The thought of her waiting for me with those big blue eyes made me walk faster in anticipation. Kitty kitty kitty.

"Gwen? Gwen! Slow down, will you?" I ignored him and continued my power-walk to the animal shelter. Pretty soon he was matching my pace. Unfortunately.
"You sure do walk fast for someone who doesn't do any physical activity" he said lazily walking backwards. I glared at him and he raised an eyebrow.
"What? It's true!"
"The reason I'm so fit is because I've spent all my life running away from your kind" I said.

Kitty kitty kitty.

"My kind? Do explain, darling" he drawled
"Idiots" I said "That an explanation enough? And don't angry-pout at me, that looks good on no one but Dean" And that's how I got sidetracked from thinking of kitty and back to Supernatural
"Aah yes, the rage-pout" he said, cracking up. I looked at him, surprised.
"You like Supernatural?"
"Like? Try love!" I paused and gave him a long, calculating look.

I was faced with a dilemma. Now, there was Supernatural, which I loved to the ends of the Earth and back, and there was Devon, who I'd have thrown off the same ends of the Earth if it weren't round.

"Who's your favorite character?" I said cautiously. He made a face
"Too difficult"
"Hmm...if you could sort four characters, where would you sort them?"
"Charlie and Sam would be Ravenclaws, Crowley and Rowena, Slytherins, of course, Dean's a Gryffindor, and Cass is obviously the Hufflepuff" I looked at him critically and he raised an eyebrow, smirking.
"You're not the only one who's part of a fandom, Weasley"
"That was more than four. I'm just not used to dumb jocks having brains, Mr. Moron...oh wait." I replied sweetly. I looked forward and continued. This didn't change anything.

As we reached the animal shelter, my heart sped up. Kitty kitty kitty. Devon laughed at me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" he teased. I stuck my tongue out at him and practically ripped open the front door...and fell flat on my face.

"Unnhh­..." I groaned into the floor as he wheezed with laughter above me. Oh god, the mortification.

"Are you okay?" he asked, hiccupping as his laughter halted.
"Fine..." I mumbled, getting off of the floor. My whole face was probably red. I was not a Gwen. I was a tomato.­­­­­

He held out his hand, eyes crinkling at the corners in a way that was so innately familiar that the old anger rushed to the surface. I grabbed it, and pulled him down. The betrayal on his face made my heart sing and I smirked as I got up, dusting myself off. As I turned to the front lobby, I paused, and my face burned red again.