Dance With Me Tonight

Hey guys! So here is the new chapter, and it's exciting!!!!!!!! Hope you all enjoy it and if you can vote and comment, I appreciate any helpful critism!

Ebony xx

Chapter 4

~Dance With Me Tonight

Indie sat up and walked towards the door, still giggling quietly about Jamie’s fist pump, as her lecture had just finished but heard footsteps right behind her. She stopped and the footsteps stopped as well, so she decided to turn around and check who it was. To her surprise it was Jamie and he looked down at her with a crooked smile.

“Sorry if I scared you Indie, I was just about to ask you if I could walk with you to the library but then you turned around.” Jamie said, blushing slightly.

Indie immediately smiled and replied with “Well since you asked, you can definitely come with me. Just one question….”

Jamie’s face lit up straight away, but he simply nodded for her to go on.

“Can we study in the coffee shop down the road instead of the library? I just love the outdoors and I need some exercise!” She went on, hesitating slightly near the end.

Jamie’s face had gone blank and she was worried she had offended him, but just as she was about to walk away he smiled real big, showing of his slightly crooked teeth. He then grabbed her hand, entwining their fingers and they walked down the way to the shop. She couldn’t have been happier right then!

Jamie looked in wonder at the gorgeous beauty walking beside him, their hands connected filling him with a warm feeling. He couldn’t believe that she had agreed to come on a study date with him!

He was so engrossed in looking at her that he hadn’t realized that she had stopped and was looking up at him with a questioning look. He looked up from her face and saw they were standing in front of the café, which was named Simplicity Is Best. He looked away from her, a small blush tinging his cheeks when he realized that he had been full on pedo staring Indie straight in the face. In order to look cool and collected he quickly pulled her into the shop and found them a small beige sofa to share.

The decorations of the café were of a simple theme with beige and pink sofas and chair scattered around small light blue tables. The walls were painted black with chalkboard paint and were covered in the signatures and comments from the previous customers and pieces of chalk lay on each table, enabling you to write on the walls as well. All in all, the atmosphere was very elegant but fun and inviting at the same time.

Jamie ordered a white hot chocolate and blueberry muffin whilst Indie had ordered herself a piece of vanilla cheesecake and an English tea. Once their orders had come they settled down in to studying or what was supposed to be studying. Mostly they talked about random stuff that had no significance to anything whatsoever but it was what made it fun. There was never an awkward moment.

Indie loved this café! It was her favourite place in the area and she often went there for a tea and cheesecake. Her and Jamie had clicked the moment they started talking and they didn’t even need to talk about anything serious, just random things. Suddenly a song blared out from some speakers which were painted strategically and placed around the room in a subtle manner. The song was one of her favourites, Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs. She was caught in the moment of the song and, finding a sudden confidence in herself, pulled Jamie up and started to dance, singing and lapping to the music, their original study plan long forgotten.

 He laughed at her sudden outburst and started to dance with her, both hands connected to hers and out to the sides swaying her around and spinning her. They both laughed and continued dancing through the next couple of songs and the other few customers and staff in the café got up and joined them, every face lit up in joy and laughter as they danced their worries away.

After too many songs to count and very sore feet everyone sat down and went back to appreciating each other’s company, including Jamie and Indie. They sat and looked at each other, faces red from the dancing, and smiled.

“Indie?” Jamie questioned, still trying to regain his breath.

“Yeah?” She replied, looking down at her tea cup trying to figure out if it was worth drinking her cold dregs of tea or leaving them, it was a terrible waste.

“Would you maybe like to do this again sometime? I had so much fun and I think it would be amazing to do this again, unless of course you…..” Jamie had started to say only to be cut off by Indie kissing him on the lips. That shut him up as he sat there, gently kissing Indie. She smiled and could faintly hear cheers and awws coming from the customers and staff, as her whole mind had gone into a frenzy, butterflies everywhere.

She gently pulled away and looked straight into his gorgeous eyes, “Yes! I would love to again. Look I must go but please here is my number. I will see you later, right now my trackies and laptop are calling!”

She quickly kissed him once more and left, leaving behind Jamie who was touching his lips softly and staring at where she was not 30 seconds ago.

He walked out of Simplicity Is Best humming ‘I just want you to dance with me tonight’ all the while thinking of a certain brunette girl in a white spotted dress.