Happily Never After [Edited]

Start from the beginning

"You two do seem very attached. But to be honest, I don't know what to make of the things you have just told us. It seems like a scene from a fairy tale," my father said, leaning forward to pin Angel with a look that had me bristling.

"I don't know who you are, but it seems like you've put my son under some sort of... hypnotism to make him believe in all this delusional bullshit," he spat vehemently.

I stiffened in shock. I had not expected such an outrageous accusation to come from my father.

"I am not delusional and I'm not under any hypnotism," I hissed between clenched teeth. "Everything I told you was the truth and nothing but the truth."

"There is no evidence of this so called truth," he scoffed. "All this time, I thought something really bad happened, like murder or kidnapping or something, but a children's tale to hide your deviant behavior is really going to far."

I gaped at him incredulously.

"Everything I told you had exactly to do with murder and kidnapping! It was all done by that crazy ass woman who wanted to kill Elizabeth!

"How else do you want me to proof to you? You want me to call Lucas? To call all the drug lords I know? You want me to kill someone in front of you before you will believe me?" I yelled, the darkness within spilling out.

"Jason, calm down," Angel whispered, her hand on my chest the only thing holding me back from lunging at my own father.

I will not stand to have anyone accuse you of lying.

"We have been through hell and back. We have died, but we fought to live. How hard is that for you to understand?"

"What I understand is that this girl here had coerced you into commiting crimes that could have you jailed for a lifetime! You think that everything you just told me was alright?That you can just sweep it under the rug?"

"Of course not! What? You think we wanted to kill people? That we wanted to be tortured time and again? You think I wanted  this? Bullshit, " I spat.

"Things happened and the only way to escape from that psychopath was to confront her. If we could run away we already would have. We had a bounty hanging over our heads. You think we can escape that?"

"You should have just gone to the police, or me for that matter. It's not something for kids to handle."

"Fuck kids! She had the police on her payrole, she had access to all the federal agencies, she even branded her own step duaghter a criminal to the crimes that she herself comitted? We were not going to step back and allow her to put us under her thumb forever," I yelled back.

"So you're telling me that you stopped this criminal, the very women who killed 111 people in four years. The very woman who escaped being put behind bars, the very woman who killed my partner when I was in the force," my father hissed. "All because of a fucking book?"

"The book was a means to an end. I had no choice but to join the underground scene to take her down," I hissed, trying so hard to stop the darkness from seeping out.

My father stiffened. "Underground scene?"

"The book contained contacts to most of the underground kingpins. I had essentially inherited an underground intelligence agency meant for, Elizabeth," I said and watched as my father's eyes widened. 

"Using the Anderson conglomerate and my own weapons companies, I tore Fiona apart financially before hunting down the others in her rat's nest. In doing so I made a reputation for myself that ensured no one else would dare to hunt us."