The Twilight Saga Sunrise: The Past Hurts

With the oceans water slowly reaching up to the shoreline of the beach, Jacob finally calmed down and shook his head at Renesmee's words of it being okay. It wasn't, nor was it ever going to be. "It's not," he finally murmured, almost too softly for her to hear. 

Renesmee looked down to Jacob in silent wonder and question as he stared down at the sand in the moonlight. He could feel her gaze upon him in question, but he couldn't find his voice to speak the words which needed to be said.  

After a moment, the back of her hand swept down the side of his cheek softly, calming Jacob just that little bit more he needed to speak again. His eyes closed softly under her touch. It was all he needed to think about what had happened. It was all he needed to make him relax again. He sighed contently and felt her leaning into his side, laying her head on his chest and holding his hand as it stayed wrapped around her. Renesmee looked up to Jacob from the corner of her eye, wondering what was going through his head in that moment. She was worried about him.  

With taking in one more deep breath, his hand reached up to the side of her face and ran his thumb down her cheek and then looked down to her. She smiled slightly, but still, she could see the worry and fear in his eyes. She hadn't seen such a strong look of fear and worry in Jacob's eyes before. He was always so sure of what would happen and how it would turn out. He was always confident things would work out to the way they should, but this time, she wasn't so sure that he thought such things.  

"What are we going to do?" she murmured, looking out to the moon lighting up the waves of the sea and wrapped her arm around his waist. The night was bright with the moon shining down upon the earth. A light and cool breeze swept around the trees, cooling things off a little, to how warm they had been.  

Jacob shook his head, not sure of how to answer her question. He truly didn't know what they were going to do, but he knew what they weren't going to do. "I don't know Ness, I really don't, but I'll tell you what we aren't going to do, and that's go home," he said harshly. There wasn't any way in hell Jacob was going to be forced to go back home just because of that freak of nature Jaden. He didn't care about Jaden's threats and he didn't care about anything Jaden had said or threatened. Jacob was going to do what he wanted, whether Jaden liked it or not! 

Ness looked up to Jacob slightly surprised by what he had said. She was a little worried, but she trusted Jacob with her whole life. She wouldn't ever doubt him and his choices. "But, what about what he had said Jacob? What if he really means what he had said, like how he said 'before it's too late'? And what happened?! You seemed to have kept calm for a moment and then, all of a sudden, you lost it completely. And . . . why didn't you tell me about him? What is going on Jacob? You never keep secrets from me." 

With hearing all the questions coming to him so quickly, Jacob shook his head with the questions over whelming him. He knew he shouldn't have kept what he knew about Jaden from Renesmee, but he didn't want to think about that freak anymore. He didn't want to even think for a second he would have come back into their life. But he had been so wrong.  

With feeling Renesmee's eyes on him in question, he pushed her away softly. "I just need some time to think Ness. Please," he begged and took off running into the waves hitting the shoreline before she could say another word. He needed time to think and to calm down more. He didn't like leaving her just after Jaden had just left, but he needed a getaway and some time to breath.  

Renesmee watched as he ran off into the waves. She knew he needed some alone time to himself. He was used to talking with the pack and running with them or alone on a daily bases. She knew it would have to be a hard change for him to adjust to. She slowly got up and watched the waves crashing while standing for a few minutes with the wind blowing through her air, and then turned her back and headed towards the house to go inside. Ness knew he would be a while and she also knew it wasn't safe to be outside alone. As she reached the veranda of their house, she looked back to the ocean and wondered where Jacob was. She was really worried about him. She knew this new life was something he wouldn't get used to easily, she just hoped he would be okay.