Chapter 8: Cuddles

Start from the beginning

"3, 2, 1. Go!" We heaved up the blue chair and slowly placed in a foot or so away from the fire pit. I don't want any fires or deaths on my hands.

"Why aren't we ripped?" Nellie asks as she flexes her muscles. "Oh my! I have some muscles!" I flex after but my skinny arms only hold a small bumb.

"Anyway, let's go find the boys." I say as we make our way into the back door that leads to the kitchen.

"Where would 3 immature computer nerds be?" Nellie asks aloud. Hmm... Immature, computer nerds.... Computer...immature.

"You don't think they are doing something to my computer, do you?" I ask a little worried.

We quickly make our way back to the girl cave to see if they were there and they unsurprisingly were. They were giggling at my computer and I began to feel worried. What have they found now that's o so embarrassing.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I see they were recording something.

"Oi, we set the fire pit and seats up so of you want to join us, get your asses up." Nellie shouts across the room but I guess she didn't notice they were recording.

"We have almost finished recording a quick 'Google myself video'." Bob responds without looking.

"Well, we'll see you down." I quickly pull Nellie out of the room and down the stairs.

When we make it to the garden I race to the swinging chair and I lay myself across it. Nellie rolls her eyes at my silliness and lays across the 3 seater blue sofa.

"So, what do you think of Mark?" I ask while staring at a star that turns out to be a plane.

"You like him don't you?" She asks while also staring at the nights sky. I continue to stare into the nights sky through the clear plastic cover that's over the swinging chair; it protects people who sit under it from rain.

"Well yeah, I like him. He is my idol and life long crush. The Markiplier has become my friend and its amazing how quickly we connected... Yeah, I sorta like him but he probably just thinks of me as a friend or a crazy fan..." I end up saying my thoughts aloud. "Well, I guess we will find out."

"Didn't you say say earlier that he fell asleep on your stomach?" She asks and I go red from blushing. While we were preparing the house we had a small chat earlier and I told her what happened after we left the cafe yesterday. "And you ran your fingers through his hair!"

"So?" I ask getting a little flustered.

"You would totally be #goals." She giggles and stretches out. I snuggle into the fabric chair as the cold air wraps itself around me and attempts to steal my body heat. I close my eyes for a minute then Nellie speaks again.

"God its cold out, why won't they hurry so we can light this bad boy." She exclaims as she hugs herself.

"Speak for yourself." I say as I pull my knees to my chest and shiver, regretting wearing shorts.

"Hey gals!" Wade shouts as they shut the back door.

"Finally." Nellie rolls her eyes and sits in the middle of the three seater. Wade and Bob quickly sit down on either side of her and I get jealous of all the warmth she now has. I feel the swinging chair move a bit and I see Mark sit down next to me, I smile at him which he soon returns.

I stand up and pull a lighter from my pocket as I approach the fire pit. I kneel down in front of it and find some dried out grass/straw to light on fire. I flick the lighter a few times until it ignites and then slowly bring it to the grass, which soon begins to smoke then catch on fire. I smile as the fire begins to spread.

"I swear she's a pyromaniac..." Nellie fails at whispering and I give her a death stare. "Who just smiles at fire as it spreads?" I think for a moment.

"I was proud that I made fire?" I slightly question as I sit back down, this time a little closer to Mark.

His arm is already resting on the back of the chair and after a minute his arm snakes around my waist and pulls me towards him. I pull my feet up onto the chair as I huddle for warmth. I breath in his cologne and wrap my arms around his torso as he rubs my arm. I lay my head onto his chest and I feel his heartbeat speed up a little, similar to mine. I see Nellie raising an eyebrow at me and I can't help but pull a hand to my face in embarrassment.

"So, who has a scary story?" I ask as I look around at everyone suspiciously.

"I have one!" Nellie beams. "So, one late night. I was sitting on my bed while eating ice cream and watching TV when I heard a creaking from downstairs...."