Ch.1

I deleted this book earlier because some kid didn't understand the concept of "fanfiction" this takes place in the same universe as Spartan "freedom" and its sequel that's coming out, I like to think that all of my books exist in the same world and I'll try to intertwine them whenever possible

*** FLASHBACK ***

I sat on the front steps of GreenWood middle school, I was re-adjusting my large black glasses, and straight black hair, which had been picked up in a tight ponytail. I dug my nose into a book that sat placed between my knees, avoiding the passing glances of classmates as they strolled by, laughing, joking, and yes (unfortunately) making out

I occasionally pulled my eyes off of the book to watch the people going by, or to take a few sips from the soda that sat next to me.

Suddenly a wide smile lit up my face, I instinctively pulled the sleeves of my faded yellow sweater over my hands as I put my book away and stood up to greet a tall boy with brown hair, and a white tee shirt, coming toward me. Oh yes, I remember this day all too well...

The sun was shining in my eyes as Toby extended to me one of his bandaged hands and pulled me off the steps.

He gave me a casual half smile that I returned with a large enthusiastic grin. I couldn't help but stare at his eyes just them as they glittered in the light. I'd known him for longer then I could remember, and I always thought they were the most amazing things, greenish hazel, with a caramel horizon lining the iris perfectly.

He waved over my face, braking me out of the trance I had found myself in. "Earth to Soapy" he said between laughs (by the way, my name happens to be Sophia, that little name was something I'd received after filling the public pool with bubble bath at age 5... Lets just say it only stuck because I hated it, and I still do) but I knew he meant it endearingly so I tried to ignore it. But today not even that name could bring me down. "So" he questioned, "last day of school, are you excited?"

I let out a wide smile and rolled my eyes, "No!" I said sarcastically "whatever will I do without school! I guess I'll have to mend my broken heart and bide my time reading and hanging out with my best friend!" Toby rolled his eyes in response and his shoulder jerked in a strong twitch before we made our way inside.
~~
Our teacher Ms. Allysa grinned sweetly at the class.
"Tobias has dropped off sweets for the class, if anyone has an allergy to a potential ingredient, please decline" she turned to speak only to Toby
"Please choose a parter and hand out your treats, in a timely fashion while I step out if you wouldn't mind"

He looked over to me and smiled brightly. As if signaling me.

"Big surprise! He chooses his brainiac friend!" Groaned some load mouth in the back of the room

The teacher rolled her eyes and left.

Shortly after I got up to look at the plate of cupcakes in the back of the room that he made

I squealed with delight as I spotted the chocolate ones, the noise I made was enough to distract the whole room from their mindless chatter to gawk at me. But I couldn't care less, because I wasn't at all afraid to admit that Toby Made the best chocolate cupcakes on earth.

"Can I have the first one!" I said while I squeaked in delight

He rolled his eyes, "sure but let me hand out the other flavors first"

One by one they were all handed out

Vanilla, strawberry

"I swear you were purposely waiting for the chocolate ones last "