Chapter Twelve

"How could you?" 

I asked later when they had tied me up and left me on my knees infront of Taylor. Not only was that an insult to my pride it put me in the most vulnerable position i could be in. Taylor never answered only chuckled.

"You will find out soon what I have in store for you , Love."

"I am not your Love and i never will be."

 I said yelling and I spit on his face when he leaned close to me. He looked at me with anger .So much I had never seen such an emotion come on someone so quickly. He reared back and slapped me across the face . I was in so much pain I moaned and I fell back on the hard floor underneath me. The last thing i saw was Taylor walking towards the door and Alex's eyes filling with tears as he watched me leave my body for a short while to a solace of black nothingness. That was exactly what it was. A place to feel nothing.

I woke up later in a dark musty place that was chilling to the bone. i could tell we were in a torture chamber of some sort becuase i could feel violence, anger, pain, and sorrow ooze from the hard cold stone walls that held no comfort for anyone but the sick creature causing such pain. i tried to open my eyes and I was frieghtened by the fact that I couldn't see. I felt blindly around me for a person, or thing to help me but I found no one. I heard a soft gasp of a person looking at how ugly I had become from Taylors beating. I heard them try to speak but they found no words. I laughed in a hysterical way thinking about a fish floundering when it left the water. Desperate for its life scource but it found none on a lone fishermans boat. I heard a voice croak out .

"Alice?" I felt a flash of happiness and sorrow from the fact that Alex was here with me. i sent him my thoughts saying yes I am here.

"I am so glad you are allright. I wish to touch you but the men have chained me to the wall opposite you so it would torture me even more to see you so broken . I have to deal with the fact that I cannot hold you or try to bring you comfort in such a cold place." He said with a great sadness in his voice but it held strong under tones of love and affection. I was surprised he still cared for me now that all my beauty was wiped from my face . Scars, blood and bruises taking its place.

"How could you think that? My love for you is not shallow. My love is a vast ocean and I love you no matter what the storm brings. Whether we are fruitfull or barren I will love you as I loved you when I saw you walk through that small diner. You always wondered what yellow eyes meant . It means I am feeling a great love . If you could see me now you would see they are yellow even now that you are injured. You are still beatiful to me."

I gasped at his deep words of love wishing for nothing to be in his warm arms and to forget what a horrible place we were in.

"We must never forget we are in another cruel sick mans home. We are walking on pins and needles now. Never forget your place . Do what you can to stay alive even if it means watching me die at the hands of him." Alex said refusing to speak Taylors name aloud .

"No never." I said in a flurry of panick.

"Shhhhh. If we are lucky it won't come to that. Rest now little one. try to rest becuase I fear we may need it in the coming hours. Rest now and know I am with you. I will never forsake you or leave you."

I let his deep voice lull me to sleep as I tried to forget the fear filling me and I let myself drift away.