Chapter 3: The Meeting

(A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I've been very busy and still. This chapter is dedicated to my first follower, mangaliman! Cheers ;) Enjoy reading guys, hope you vote and comment please)

(Photo to the right is a cover created by "FrenchAndIrish". It didn't make it to the top 3 but as promised, I posted your creation. Thanks again :) 

===================== 

Chapter 3

Valen froze as Lord Thomas announced an invitation for a tea. Townspeople started to look around to look for her and she decided to hide behind the stall when someone grabbed her arms. The grip of the man in a knight suit was so tight that she was unable to escape.

"Please do not try to escape. The Lord Thomas has already announced an invitation for you; please do not humiliate him by escaping and not honoring his simple request", said the knight.

She is unable to see what the knight looks like as he is wearing a full face knight's helmet, he wears armor for knights with higher rank. Valen decides to obey and no longer tries to escape and the knight releases her elbow. She fixes her hood properly over her head as the knight escorts her towards Lord Thomas.

"Lord Thomas, I have escorted Lady Valen" 

"Thank you dear knight. Lady Valen, it's been an honor meeting you." Lord Thomas greeted as he placed a kiss on her knuckles. 

"No Lord Thomas, the honor is mine." Lady Valen curtsied. "I am afraid I have to decline your offer for a tea Your Highness, as I need to attend to the people here in Algom but I thank you for your offer, it is too kind of you." Valen apologized in a whisper. 

"I am afraid as well that I am not going to accept your declination. My wife has also been very eager to meet you Lady Valen. I brought along few medical persons with me who can substitute for you." said Lord Thomas to Valen. "My fellow people, I would like to request for you to allow Lady Valen for a tea with me and my family in the mansion. A few of my medical persons will stay here to attend to your medical needs." Lord Thomas addressed to the townsfolk. "Sir Anton, you heard what I have mentioned to the people, so I request for you and the others to tend to the people in Valen's behalf." Lord Thomas said to the lead doctor. 

"That will be no problem Milord, we will stay here and tend to the people. Please enjoy your tea with Lady Valen." Said Sir Anton. 

"Thank you Sir Anton, and thank you Algomians, until my next visit. Have a wonderful day to all of you."

The knights escorted Lord Thomas and Lady Valen to the carriage. Lord Thomas sat opposite Valen. Valen has been silent and just looking outside the carriage's window, good thing the effect of the oil will last for a few more hours. Lord Thomas has broken the silence, "Lady Valen, I apologize for asking you this, but can you lower down your hood as I would like to see how you look like." 

"I apologize for being disrespectful Your Highness, I just always wear this hood especially when I am outside, in town and when I am healing someone, but I will lower it down." Valen said as she lowers her hood. 

Soft honey blond ringlets were uncovered and Lord Thomas mouth hang opened. He was a bit disappointed as she was not the black, straight-haired healer he thought she might be but was astounded of the beauty in front of him. She has an angelic face yet you know that she is somehow strong and tough; and her emerald eyes, definitely he has already seen someone with those same eye color before, yet hers is so enchanting and mesmerizing that it is hard to even look away but soon you'll be looking away for being ashamed and for realizing that you have been staring for too long.