Chapter 4

As soon as George got home he dialed Jordon's number.

"Hello?" He answered, almost out of breath.

"Hey, um," it was at this point George realised he had no idea what to say, "it's just me, calling you, so you know my number."

"Oh, okay." The singer replied, distractedly.

"Yeah," George muttered, before enduring one of the most awkward pauses in his life, "well, see ya." 

He hung up before Terrell could reply, and began smacking himself in the head with his phone. As he pulled his arm back for a third strike, Jorel and Matt walked in, holding take-out from Dylan's restaurant, Casa el Diablo.

"Whoa, dude," Jorel exclaimed, rushing over, "quit it with the technology abuse." He pulled the phone out of his hand, and looked at the screen, which was showing Jordon's number.

"Hey, who's this?" He asked, showing George, who swiped the phone off of his friend.

"Charlie." He replied, his voice a combination of proud, nervous, and ecstatic.

"Whoa, Charlie Scene?" Matt spoke up from the kitchen, where he was dividing up the food. Jorel chuckled before explaining the encounter from the day previous, whilst George's phone buzzed into life as Charlie sent him a text.

"Speak of the devil." George muttered to himself, before opening the message.

Unknown Number: u really arent good at fone convos, are u? ykno most people just send a text ;)

George smiled, saving his number as 'Scene' in case anyone got a hold of his phone.

George: haha, no im not. and i kno that lol 

He locked his phone again, and walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter next to the food, stealing a handful of fries from Jorel's tub. It beeped again, but George ignored it as he picked through the bag for his food. Once he'd found it, he opened his phone with one hand and replied to Jordon's message.

"Someone's popular." Matt observed, also stealing some of Jorel's fries, leaving the man open-mouthed. 

"It's just Charlie." George said dismissively, pushing his phone into his pocket, only to have it buzz the second he pulled his hand away.

"On a first name basis with Mr. Scene, are we?" Jorel joked, "just two days ago you were wanting to have it out with him, whereas now it seems more like you want something in with him." He winked and smiled with half his mouth, sending Matt into a fit of giggles.

"Ooh la la." Matt cried between laughs, sending Jorel to the floor with laughter.

"Shut up, okay?" George moaned defensively, placing his phone on the side within reach, "is Dylan working tonight?" He tried to change the subject.

Jorel nodded.

"So's Danny, although that's because he just LOVES his job." He groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Anyone would think you and him were dating." George chuckled.

"Ha ha," Jorel muttered sarcastically, "just because we're only friends, doesn't mean I can't get jealous."

"No," Matt chipped in, "but it is weird."

George laughed, and pointed a fry in his direction in agreement. He leaped up, and pulled a bottle of Coke out of the fridge, before downing half of it in one.

"Not feeling booze-y tonight?" Jorel asked, to which George shook his head. He heard the phone vibrate before it made a beep, and he picked it up to read Charlie's message.

Scene: check MTV

George walked into the lounge and flicked on the TV, and typed in the number for MTV. He sat on the arm of the chair, and saw Jordon being interviewed on some show. He stood up, sliding his phone back into his pocket, and stepped up to the microphone.

"This is for G.R." He murmured, before launching into one of his more upbeat songs, which also happened to be George's least favourite. Despite this, George's heart melted, and he flopped onto the sofa as Matt and Jorel walked in.

"Did I just hear that right?" Jorel asked, dropping his food onto the coffee table, "he did just say G.R., right?"

"Uh huh." George sang happily.

"Someone's in love." Jorel chuckled, making George sit bolt upright.

"I am not." He yelled indignantly, before he realised Jorel was referring to Jordon.

"I meant Scene," Jorel laughed, "someone's a bit defensive."

"It's a bit weird though, right?" George whined, trying to cling onto his macho image, "i mean, he's only known me for a couple days, and even then they've only been, like, ten minute chats."

"It is strange, I'll give you that," Jorel concluded, "but sweet nonetheless."

George retrieved his food from the kitchen, before his phone burst into life. Expecting it to be Jordon, he glanced up at the TV, confused. Then he read the display, and saw 'Danny'. He sighed and clicked the answer button.

"Hello?" George said, before having his eardrum burst.

"OH MY GOD ARE YOU SEEING THIS GEORGE HE JUST DEDICATED MY FAVOURITE SONG TO YOU HOLY SHIT, HEY FRANK COME WATCH THIS, OH MY GOD GEORGE HE LOVES YOU HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD." George pulled the phone far away from his ear, and placed it down onto the table on speaker.

"Danny, calm the fuck down." Jorel yelled, stuffing a taco into his face.

"Yeah, seriously Danny, I'm pretty sure the whole apartment building heard you. And yes, I am seeing this, he texted me to-"

"YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER?" Danny screamed, descending into cackling. The line cut out, and the three men looked at each other before bursting out into laughter.

"Well," Jorel said, once they'd all calmed down, "either he lost signal, or his boss punched him for scaring away the customers."

This sparked more laughter from the trio, and George's phone buzzed into life, as TV Charlie was putting his back into his pocket.

Scene: you like? :)

George: hate that song lol, but sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me, tho bit weird after one day knowing u

Jordon looked at his phone, before mouthing 'sorry George' into the camera, making George blush profusely. 

"Okay, I've given it some more thought," Jorel announced, "and that was really creepy."

Matt nodded in agreement, as he looked at his phone.

"Danny texted me: hey, line cut off, tell George I want all the details, l.o.l., smiley face, kiss kiss kiss." Matt informed them, throwing his phone back onto the floor.

At this point George wasn't paying attention, he was more worried about the fact that he may actually be falling for Jordon.

And the worst part was, he loved it.