chapter 9

Levis Pov

I can't believe I actually permitted these brats to wear nightclothes around the castle. Well, I guess its better than them wearing a new set of clothes, muckying them before bed. Meaning that there would be more washing and our cleaning supplies would be wasted.

I guess its not bad to actually wear comfortable clothes like this longer than usual. Im just wearing black pyjama pants and a white shirt. Shitty-glasses is wearing stupid pink pyjamas with a titan sewn to it. I cant believe she did that. I mean, I know she has a titan teddy that she made but even putting the dammned thing on clothes?!?

I'll never understand that woman.

Petra comes and sits next to me, wearing a pink tank top and white shorts. Ugh, she keeps trying to impress me. I wouldn't date her in a million years. Besides, I have my eye on another person.

"Everyones here now, what is it that you wanted to talk about captain?" Juliet enquires, her blue eyes shining

I didn't even see Oluo and Eld come in.

"Right. I have a new training regimen that we will follow from now on. You trainees can follow it with us for as long as your here. I'll get it out in a bit. Also, squad Levi have a mission coming up in a few weeks. I'll discuss it in better detail when I know more," I say, looking around at everyone

"I'll go make some tea," Juliet says and walks into the kitchen, is something wrong with her? She seems a little off suddenly.

"I'll go help her," Adrian offers and walks off

He must've picked up that she isn't acting like herself at the moment

After five minutes of Petra flirting with me and me ignoring her the two return. Juliet places the tray on the table and pours herself a drink.

"Captain, do you want me to pour you a drink?" She asks in a monotone voice

"Yeah" I reply

She pours a drink and starts to walk towards me. She seems to subtly check if anyone is looking besides me before slipping her spare hand in her pocket, she brings it out, her fist clenched. She switches the cup to her other hand and walks up to me. I give her a questioning glance. She places the cup on the table carefully. She then walks away without saying anything.

I look down at the cup and see the corner of a piece of paper stuck out from underneath the cup.

That was a smart move, I have taught her well.

I take the note and pull my chair closer under the table. I keep my right hand, holding the note on my knee. I reach for the cup with my left hand and take a sip, at the same time I unfold and read the note.

'I didn't want to say in front of the others so I reckoned this would be the best way to tell you. I don't know if anything will happen but- I have a really bad feeling. I feel like something bads going to happen tonight.'

Something bad?

3rd Persons Pov

Its 1am in the castle and everyone is sleeping soundly; they have been for about half an hour after a few hours of card games and ridiculous puns. Outside, everything was quiet, the horses were sleeping and even the birds had retired to rest. In the distance, three cadets were rushing towards the castle on their tired horses. Looks of panic spread on their faces.

Hangi was woken up from her nap on the table in the mess hall by fierce knocking on the door. She straightened her goggles and ran through the castle groggily to answer the door. She unlocked the bolts from the door and swung it open.