Chapter 1

Levis Pov

My feet become sorer by the second as I walk through the eerie underground city. I've just been on a job and I'm nowhere near the pathetic excuse of a home, Its going to be a fifteen minute walk at the very least.

My footsteps echo in the narrow alleyway and the groans of the dying fill my ears, I'm in the roughest part of the city; where poverty is ever present and the stench of rotting corpses is overwhelming.

I get out of the alleyway and look around to see if there is anywhere where a person is most likely to jump me. I set off down the road and I feel the blisters on my heel getting more and more chaffed.

"E-excuse me" I small voice says from below me, trying to get past me in the street

I look down to see a little girl there, her eyes are wet and she looks in distress, even though her voice seemed calm her face showed over wise, this little girl was terrified.

I feel great sympathy for this girl, she looks so innocent, and why hasn't she got her parents with her? Surely a girl at her age shouldn't be wandering this place on her own. I decide to bend down so im at her level. Her bright blue eyes widen in shock and fear, awaiting my next move.

"What's the matter? Don't you know you shouldn't be on these streets on your own? It's really dangerous" I say, my voice soft

"I-I'm sorry mister" She says in fear

"Tch, don't apologise. Where do you live? I'll guide you home"

"I...I don't have a home down here. I've only just got down here, I-I don't know what to do. I'm cold and hungry and my head hurts I think its bleeding and-" The small girl rambles on, it's then that Levi notices the young girls hand clutching onto her hair where the blonde curls had turned crimson.

Suddenly, the girl loses consciousness and fell to the floor. Surprised and not really thinking, I scoop up her body into my small arms and start to run back home. I take a safe route where you're least likely to get attacked.

_

I lay the young girl on my sofa before rushing over to the kitchen to get bandages. Carefully and slowly, I wrap the girls head in the white cotton and then proceed to start making soup for the both of us.

I wonder why she's down here, I wonder if her parents abandoned her. Or maybe she ran away and ended up here, or maybe she was kidnapped and then managed to escape. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, there's no way I'm going to let her back out into the streets on her own; she can stay with me. I wouldn't usually do this for anyone but I guess she's special.

"W-Where am I?" I hear a small voice stutter

I guess she's awake.

I put the soup into two bowls and leave it on the kitchen counter as I walk to the young girl. She's sat up on the sofa, one hand on her head and one supporting her. I sit on the floor in front of her, she's pretty cute... her feet don't even touch the floor when she's sat on the couch.

"My name is Levi, and yours is?" I start off, offering her my hand to shake

"Err... J-Juliet" She says quietly and then hesitantly shakes my hand

"Juliet; do you know where you are?" I say quietly

"The underground city?" She says, turning her head slightly side wards

"Do you know why you're here?"

"I-I don't remember, it's like there's a hole in my memories, I think my dad left me here" She says, looking at her feet