Remembering

Rose's POV

I knew this was going to be a particularly long day. After we left the hospital, we traveled to my parents' place. As always, they were estatic when Dimitri and I asked them to watch the twins. I was saying goodbye to Ivan and Anna while Dimitri pulled my parents to the side to explain why we asked for them to watch the twins.

After we left, Dimitri told me that Abe thought it was a good idea to get everything out in the open, but my mom thought that telling me everything would just cause more harm than good. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

While we walked towards our home, I chatted up Lissa over the bond.

Hey, Dimitri wants to sit me down and tell me everything that I don't remember. Wanna come over to help?

Should I bring anyone else? I also have a surprise for you.

Hold on. Let me ask Dimitri what he thinks.

I turned my attention to Dimitri.

"Lissa is gonna come over to help you fill in the blank spots. Is that okay?"

He was quiet for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"That's probably a really good idea. Do you want anyone else there? Having friends around when you start to remember everything might be helpful."

"That's what I was thinking." I smiled because even though I don't exactly remember everything that had happened yet, Dimitri and I seemed to be in tune with one another. He smiled back at me, but I could tell that it wasn't a reflection of how he was feeling. I knew that telling me everything that has happened wouldn't be easy for him; he has told me as much. It's probably eating away at him on the inside. Lissa's thoughts over the bond pulled my attention away from my train of thought.

What did he say? Who should I bring?

Everyone, I guess. I'm probably gonna need all of my friends for this.

Okay. We'll be there soon.

Dimitri and I made it home, and he sat me down. I could tell that this talk is starting now.

"Rose, I'm going to tell you everything, but I want you to know that even some of the things that I'm going to tell you are going to be hard to hear. Some things, your friends don't even know about. I need you to promise me that you will listen to everything before you get up and storm out. I love you. I always have, but I messed up in the past. You forgave me then, and I can only hope and pray that you will forgive me again. If-" He paused and ran his hand through his hair. "If, after you hear everything, you decide that you can't forgive me, and you want to leave, I'll be crushed, but I will understand. Some of your friends might even try to hurt me after this. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything because you need to know the truth."

I'm dumbfounded at his speech. What could he have done that was so horrible? How could he think that I could ever leave him or our kids?

"Promise me, Rose. Promise me that you will listen to everything that I have to tell you." Dimitri pleaded.

"I promise, Comrade. I'll listen to everything that you have to tell me. I love you too, ya know."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. I got up to answer the door. Almost all of my friends were standing there. Lissa, Eddie, Mia, Sydney, Christian, a girl that I didn't recognize and Adrian.

"Surprise, Little Dhampir. Did you miss me?"

"Adrian! Where's Vika?" I asked as I pulled him into a hug.

"She's coming with the family in a couple of days. You're stuck with just me until then." He grinned and I laughed.

"Well, come in, everyone. I think it's past time to relive my past."