A Bit about Tasha

Dimitri POV

Tasha? Where had that come from? How was I going to explain Tasha? Ugh. I hate that woman. Rose pulled me from my thoughts.

"Dimitri, answer me."

"Tasha is not someone that we ever have to worry about again."

"Okay. So who is she?"

"Well, she was a friend of mine, and she is Christian's aunt." I tried to put emphasis on was.

"From what I remember, she wanted to be more than friends." I couldn't help but notice the venom in her words when she said more than friends. Roza was angry. What did she remember?

"What exactly do you remember? Maybe explaining Tasha will be easier if you have specific questions."

"I remember the night I met her. You were yourself around her, when you hid everything from me. I remember how easily she made you laugh when I could barely get a smile. I remember how alone I felt when Janine told me that Tasha wanted to take you as her guardian and give you kids. Something I wasn't supposed to be able to give you. I remember fighting with you at the ski lodge."

Why couldn't she ever remember good things?

"Roza, she did offer me that. I turned it down. I turned it down because I couldn't bare to leave you." I could only hope she believed me, because I know how self conscious she has been lately.

Anger flashed across her face, and before I could speak, she was screaming at me.

"Then why did you act that way towards me? I'm trying to understand how every time I remember something about our relationship, it's always when you are hiding from me or turning away from me, pushing me away. And yet, you act like everything is perfect now!"

I knew this was coming. Should I tell her about Russia, and how she saved me? Would it help her, or make this worse?

"Roza-"

"Dimitri, stop. I need time to think. I need to remember. Everything. Not just some things."

"Roza-"

"Dimitri. I said stop. Okay? I just need some time."

She didn't even give me to try to speak again before she was gone. What did I do?

Rose POV

I let the memory of what just happened play through my mind over and over again as I ran. I ran as fast and as far as my body could handle. I don't know where I am going, I'm just running.

While I ran, I thought back to the memories that had resurfaced while I was with Dimitri in the gym minutes prior.

Most of the memories were of Dimitri and I training. He had been my mentor. He was always hot and cold with me, especially during training. One minute, we were sparring and the next we are fighting against the urge to rip one another's clothes off. One memory led to another and one stood out. Dimitri was taking me out to the edge of campus. Christian and Lissa were behind a cabin along with a woman, Christian's aunt Tasha. As the night went on, I noticed how relaxed Dimitri was around Tasha, how he laughed and smiled often in her presence. It was so different from how he acted around me.

The memory shifted again. This time to my room. My mother was there. She had given me a necklace, and told me about Tasha's offer. I was broken and alone. Lissa didn't even know how I felt about Dimitri. Again the memory shifted.

I was at the ski lodge where I met Adrian. Dimitri and I were fighting, and I honestly believed he was going to leave me for Tasha. He was going to be her guardian and she was going to give him the family that he always wanted.

I was furious. I pulled myself away from my thoughts and just let my body work is way through the anger I was feeling. Once I finally ran through my anger, my body was exhausted. I was in the woods outside of Court. I think I had even made it past the wards. I say down against a tree and just closed my eyes.

I was angry. Mostly at myself. I knew that I was being irrational. Dimitri loved me. He had told me that we had some really bad rough patches in the past, but he would never elaborate. I just didn't realize I would harbor this much anger when I remembered our rough patches from the past.

I messed up. I took my anger out on Dimitri and he didn't deserve it. How am I going to fix this? Just then, I felt extremely nauseous. A familiar feeling that told me I was in danger. I reached for the stake that I had been given yesterday instinctively. I couldn't see or hear anyone around me, but I still felt like I was in danger. I quickly paged Lissa through the bond, just giving her a location and telling her to send help. Just then, a cold, emotionless voice spoke up.

"Rosemarie, it's about time you woke up and stepped out of the wards alone."