one

College. What an undeniable way to waste another year of my time learning things my university believes I should. Although I get to come here on a full ride of a softball scholarship, none of the classes I take are near enough as exciting as I had always hoped. I love the thought of learning but I just wish it was the things I was into.

"Dinah." I groaned, rolling over onto my side to see my best friend and roommate laying on her bed across from me, playing on an iPad.

"What?" She didn't give me her attention at all but answered me blindly like always.

"We need to go out tonight." I whined, grabbing my pillow and clutching it to my person. "It's been two days since I got some action."

"I'm not complaining." Dinah laughed, flicking the screen with her long fingers. "These are the first two nights in a row I've been able to sleep in my own room without you kicking me out because you have a new girl in your bed."

I put the pillow back, and got up to walk over and get on my knees beside her bed, "Please, please. Finah Dinah." I grabbed her arm and began begging, "I promise you that I will hook you up with anyone you want if and only if you come tonight."

"Who would you even think about hooking me up with?"

"That piece of dark chocolate you've been staring at every time you visit me at practice." I smirked while wriggling my eyebrows at the bigger girl.

Dinah pulled her hand away roughly, "Shut up, fool. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Normani and Dinah siting in a tree." I mocked, laying down beside her and wrapping my arms around her waist, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Dinah pressed her hand on my cheek to push me away as I cuddled close, "Nuh-uh. Fall back."

"What do you say?" I pouted at her. "Will you come to the dorm party tonight?"

"If you'll let me have the room to myself tonight then... yes."

"Fine." I groaned.

--

The dorm party was bumping within the first two hours and only getting bigger. I filled up mine and Dinah's cups at the keg before walking over to the corner she was basically guarding.

"Thanks Lo." Dinah said, retrieving my drink to take a sip of the liquid filled in the cup.

"Mhm." I replied taking my own sip of the drink in the cup and slowly looking over everyone in the first room. I trailed my eyes over to see what Dinah was so intrigued about until my eyes met a girl's across the way.

She was extremely short and the dirty blonde, almost brunette hair on her head laced perfectly over her shoulders. Not to mention her deep brown eyes were absolutely killer.

I noticed who the girl was standing beside and it was that Cocoa colored girl that Dinah has become so accustomed to stare at.

I nudged over my tall friend, "Go talk to Mani. She's actually really nice."

Dinah shook her head aggressively, "You're joking right?"

"C'mon." I smirked, "I actually wanna see what that short girl is about. I've never seen her at one of these before."

I made my way across the room and through the huge crowd with Dinah's hand latched to mine so I wouldn't lose her.

As I made it through one group successfully, I felt someone grab my shirt. I turned to see who it was and low and behold it was my constant booty call.

"Lern." Camila smiled, snaking one arm around my waist, "It's so great to see you. You've been M.I.A. lately."

I was really hoping to get some fresh meat and if the short blonde saw Camila hanging all over me, this new piece of pussy would be gone.

I pulled her arm off of me and smiled, "Not tonight, Camila. Maybe tomorrow."

"Okay." She didn't seem fazed. In fact; her drunkiness was curbing her judgement but as long as it wasn't with me, I was okay with it.

I continued to pull Dinah across the room until we were over at the group with Normani and her cute little friend.

I tapped her shoulder since she was just standing and listening to the music. She turned around and once she noticed who I was, a huge smile formed onto her face and she pulled me into a hug. "Hey girl!"

"Hey!" I responded happily, with one arm around her until we both pulled away. I gave her this certain look that our team made up to let each other know that someone is crushing on them. It helped us get laid at parties quite often without going through a lot of emotions. "This is my friend, Dinah. And Dinah this is Normani. I thought it was time you both finally met."

Normani bit her lip and smirked, "Nice to meet you Dinah." She got distracted by looking over the nervous Poly sipping her beverage then finally snapped out of it. "Oh and this is my friend, Ally."

I took a sip and nodded as my green eyes flicked over the small but toned body. "I'm Lauren." I replied after finishing my drink.

"Lauren, will you keep my friend company while Dinah and I take a walk?" Normani said to me but gave all of her attention to Dinah.

I nodded and Ally almost protested, "Mani, you promised."

"Don't worry, Allycat." I laughed. "I don't bite... hard."

She gave me this look that almost made my stomach cringe but I didn't think much of it. A challenge is a challenge.

Normani grabbed Dinah's hand forcefully and lead her away from the pack.

Ally leaned back on the wall and exhaled sharply. "I don't even know why she brought me here if she was just going to leave." Her tone was so harsh even though it seemed like this attitude was new to her.

"I didn't mean to have my friend steal yours away. Dinah just always fawns after Normani, so I-"

"Yeah, I get it." Ally bit back.

"Woah, Sweets." I laughed, "I didn't mean to make you angry." A thought came to me that maybe she just needs a little liquid fun. "How about I go get you a drink?"

"I don't drink."

"Well, how am I supposed to show you a good time like Normani wants me to if you don't give me something to work with." I sipped on my drink waiting for a reply.

She finally sighed out deeply and nodded, "Fine. Just one cup. That's all."

"Do you promise you'll stay right here?" I asked her.

"Mhm." Ally replied but it didn't seem believable.

I shook my head and grabbed her hand to interlock my fingers with hers, and yank her across the crowd to the nearest keg with new red solo cups. I let go of her hand and began filling the drinks.

"So, what year of College are you in because I haven't seen you around." I smiled, genuinely wanting to know.

She seemed to calm down a little and was finally able to answer me, "This will be my last year."

"What's your major?"

"Just studying Veterinary medicine."

"You like animals, huh?" I passed her a full cup of beer. "What's your favorite?"

She seemed almost joyous that I was actually asking her questions and not just hitting on her. "I can't choose but I have a lot of animals at home."

"Oh yeah? I only have one dog but I'm begging for a new one." I pulled the cup to my mouth and took a sip.

The music got louder and I could barely hear Ally's reply. I decided to scream at the top of my lungs to the shorter girl, "Do you wanna go outside?!"

She nodded respectively and I grabbed her hand to pull her out of the dorms into the cool and fresh air.