Finally

This is the last chapter!!

~ ~ ~

I woke up to someone gently shaking me, but I was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up yet. I turned away from the person and kept my eyes shut.

"Natty, wake up."

"Veronica, maybe you should let her sleep. She had a long day yesterday."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What were my parents doing here? Weren't they still on vaca-

My eyes shot open. I was still on the couch in Robyn's house, my mom was kneeling in front of me and my day was standing behind her. Andrew was no where in sight.

"Mom." I sat myself up and she enveloped me in a hug.

"Oh Natty, I'm so sorry we weren't here." She said as she held me in a tight squeeze.

I shook my head. "It's okay, mom. It wasn't your fault."

She pulled back from our embrace and looked at me. "Are you hurt? Any broken bones?"

"No, I'm fine." I told her. She hugged me again before my dad pulled me up from the couch and wrapped his arms around me.

"Robyn's mother told us everything that happened. I can't believe this was someone you've gone to school with." My mom said. She held a hand to her heart like she was in pain.

I silently agreed with her. "I've never seen him like that before. The minute he walked into the room, we knew something was off. I don't even know how he got into the house."

"The back window was broken. He cracked it with a rock." My dad told me.

It made sense. "That must be why his arm was bleeding." I confirmed. Andrew suddenly walked back into the living room with a tray. He gave me a small smile as he set the tray down. He picked up two mugs and handed them to my parents before holding out a plate to me. My parents thanked him and went over to sit in the loveseat across from me.

"I got you pancakes." I took the plate and smiled down at the two large pancakes topped with syrup.

"Thank you." He plopped down beside me and watched as I took a bite.

"Robyn's mom made them. Everyone is in the kitchen right now." He told me. I nodded to confirm that I had heard him. I didn't want to join everyone right now. I was more than comfortable with my parents and Andrew.

"How is Robyn?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "She's still shaken up from yesterday, which is expected. Her head is a lot better though."

"Natalia, I know this has been a lot for you to handle, but I need an explanation." My dad spoke up after setting his coffee down on the small table next to him. "The police called a little while ago and they're asking you to go in for questioning. This is a special kind of case. It's likely that Calvin won't get any jail time. From what Robyn has told me, he's mentally unstable. He's probably going to be sent to a therapy center to get the help he needs."

I listened to my dad intently. I was in a bit of shock when he mentioned jail time. I guess I never imagined someone that I considered my friend to even potentially be in danger of prison. But, then again, I never expected someone that I considered my friend to push Robyn down the stairs and attack me. I really hoped that he'd be sent to a therapy center.

"Natalia," My mom's voice came softly and I looked over at her. "Why didn't you call us after you'd been locked in that closet? Or when you needed medical attention? Those are things that a parent needs to know."