Catch Your Breath

Recap:

With one last kiss he was out the door and down the street to his house. I closed to door with the chain around my neck.

I played with the ring on the end of it and smiled to myself. I had to resist the giggle that was threatening to escape me.

Even with everything going on, Andrew could always somehow help me forget and make everything feel perfect.

As far as I was concerned, everything was perfect.

The next day, I woke up with a fresh new sore throat. I squinted my eyes open and sat up on my bed. It was Saturday and the clock on my bedside table told me that it was 9:54. Even though I had gone to sleep early the night before, I felt like I could sleep for the rest of the day.

I rubbed my throat, which felt unbelievably irritated. I stood up and changed into a pair of black spanks and a tank top before brushing my teeth.

I looked at myself in the mirror and winced before tying my hair into a messy bun. I had bags under my eyes and my face looked pale. I opened my mouth in a weak attempt to see if there was anything visibly wrong with my throat.

When I found nothing I hopped down the stairs and went into the kitchen. I had almost forgotten that my parents were gone until I saw the empty kitchen. My mom always left a mess of crumbs and plates everywhere and right now, everything was spotless.

I poured myself a glass of water and downed it before clearing my throat. To my utter disappointment, my throat still felt raw. My phone vibrated on the counter and I walked over to answer it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey hottie, how are you feeling today?" Zander's voice asked me.

"I'm good. My throats a little scratchy but I feel fine." I told him with a smile.

"Good, because Chrissy is making us all try yoga and Robyn said she won't do it unless you did it too. I think she was secretly hoping you'd be too sick." He laughed lightly.

"Well, too bad for her then. Yoga might help me wake up a little." I rubbed my eyes, still feeling tired.

"Kay good. Are you ready now? We'll come pick you up."

I looked down at my outfit and decided that spanks and a tank top were suitable clothing for yoga.

"Yeah I'm ready now." I said with a nod.

"See you in like five minutes then."

"Okay, bye." I hung up the phone and walked to the cupboard.

I ended up closing it because the thought of eating anything made my stomach turn.

I didn't bother putting on makeup because I didn't need to impress anyone. I thought back to Andrew and my hand went up to grab the ring that hung around my neck. A small smile came onto my lips right as the doorbell rang.

I grabbed my phone and locked my front door before I made my way outside to Robyn's car. My friends greeted me and we drove over to Chrissy's house.

"Nat, are you sure you're okay? You look kinda pale." Katelyn commented from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, I'm good. Really." I reassured them.

We got back to Chrissy's house and went inside.

"My parents are gone for the day. They went to the country club to try and impress some rich people." Chrissy said with an eye roll.

We followed her into the living room and she turned on the tv before popping a DVD into the player.

"My aunt gave me this Pilates video. It helps to strengthen your core." Chrissy explained.