C h a p t e r - F i v e

Start from the beginning

"It's not"

"Is too"

I just looked at him annoyed, we were fighting like children. I looked around at the different crowds of people and noticed we were catching some of the females' eyes which wasn't really a surprise.

"Okay I got it!" I exclaimed "who did you hang out with? Stoners? Trouble makers? Loners? Hit me with it and I will point you in the right direction" I looked at him smiling, but my smile dropped fast because he wasn't amused at all.

"Why are you trying to ditch me? Besides I hung out with myself. I was suspended remember that? And I hang out with whoever you and probably Jake hang out with"

"Jake hangs out with jocks" I deadpanned thinking about the football players he told me he had fought with. He nodded his head.

"Then with you, Jake and whoever you hang out with"

"I hang out with Jake and Cami. People mostly try to use my friendship or they are scared or think I'm a slut" I started entering my locker combination as he leaned against the locker next to me.

"Are you?"

"Am I what" I asked looking at him to see he was already watching me

"A slut?"

"What? No. No I am far from it." I shook my head looking back to my locker "So friends?"

"Don't worry ill make my own friends but you will always be my bestie Pi" he said in a mocking voice.

"Whatever"

"Who is the badass of the school?" he asked all the sudden.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to dig my copy of the scarlet letter from the bottom of my books "why you plan on getting in a fight with him to show your superior?" I asked but I honestly sounded constipated it amazed me how I can knock someone out yet I can get this stupid ass book out of my- oh would you look at that? I smiled to myself then realized Chase had yet to reply so I turned to look at him noticing he was slightly nodding his head. I followed his line of sight and sighed as I closed my locker.

"Exactly who you are looking at actually. Although I hope you don't try to befriend him" I said nodding towards Ben Wards "he is a bully and he actually has some weird obsession with me" he also happens to be Gary's ex best friend and I hate him. He is a freak. Not in the rude 'your a freak' kind of way or even the 'your a freak but extremely handsome and cool' way either. He was like watching a psychopath grow up, you knew the guy was going to end up in jail. It wasn't a matter of if but when.

"Weird obsession?"

Just as I went to speak we heard my name being yelled down the opposite end of the hall.

"Piper! Piper! Oph- excuse me. Watch out you rude hateful bitch!" Cami was currently walking towards me while moving people out of her way until she was standing in front of me.

"Okay" she started taking a deep breath "You will not believe the shit I have heard this morning!"

"I won't?" I asked shooting an amused look at Chase who was just watching Cami with confusion in his eyes at her enthusiasm. Which I understood Cami and I were sometimes complete opposites. Well most of the time we were complete opposites but she was my best friend and I hers so our differences didn't really matter this girl was my rock.

"Tommy told Jenny who told Dallas who told me that Greg-" she stooped before finishing taking in my confused expression "Are you following Pipes?"

"Uh someone told you something?" I tried and made a pained face at my best friend who only rolled her eyes and continued like I had understood everything she had just said.