C h a p t e r - F i v e

Excuse Mistakes-

I pulled into the parking lot of the school about 15 minutes later and the car ride hadn't been unpleasant at all just a lot of rock music by the choice of Chase which I didn't mind because it was one of my favorite genres.

Once I was in park I looked at Chase who was gazing out at the school "So are you ready for this?" I asked and his attention focused back on me as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm used to moving schools so it's not so bad" he answered

"I wouldn't know. I've been here since I was born. I've pretty much gone to school with all the same people but as people get older they change so sometimes it feels like they are completely different" I said ignoring the way he was studying my face as he nodded.

He unbuckled his seat belt so I went to undo mine thinking that the conversation was over but as I reached for the door handle he leaned over the center of the car and touched my chin making my breath hitch, his eyes met mine and then he turned my head so that he could see the side of my jaw that was bruised.

"How bad is the bruise?" he asked and his breath fanned across my face making goosebumps pop up over my arms I hope he didn't noticed, but I couldn't he see how he wouldn't because he was incredibly close to me. My personal bubble was in the process of popping.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not a prude but Greg who is my asshole of an ex-boyfriend is the only guy I've even gotten close to going all the way with. I've kissed other guys sure but he is the only guy I have even made out with. So call me what you will we were very close it felt intense and intimate.

"Pi?" Chase and his stupid nickname brought me back to reality and I realized that I spaced out again today.

"Uh" I cleared my throat "not too horrid. The ones on my stomach are much darker. I covered it though can you see it?"

THIS CONVERSATION WAS SO MUCH MORE AKWARD THEN THE ONE I INVISIONED THIS MORNIG.

"Your stomach?" he asked as he ran his finger across the line of my jaw leaning back some.

"Y-Yeah" I said swallowing and wondering why my voice sounded so awful.

"Would you show me?" he asked and the amusement in his eyes was clear. He was playing with me!

"Shut the hell up" I leaned back and shoved him to his side of the car as he laughed "Now can you see the one on my face or not?"

"No" He said seriously "It looks good" he opened his car door and I followed suit walking around to grab my bag but he threw his arm threw the strap for me holding his arm out in a ladies first manner "Lead the way my lady"

I looked at him like he was an idiot, because he is an idiot

"To where jackass?"

"I dunno your locker I guess if you need books and then I will know where to meet you for lunch. Then maybe the office so I can pick up a schedule and to my first period?"

I cracked a smile "who says we get to meet up for lunch?"

He looked unamused as we started walking to the school "Who else am I going to eat with Pi? And come on we are going to be the best of buds!"

"Stop calling me that"

"No"

"Yes"

"It's cute Pi"