Bitten:5

Chapter 4

Jennifer's POV:

We have been walking for about what felt like 10 hours,but Max has an old watch on his wrist and told me we have only been walking for 5 hours. He has been talking more to me besides what he said to us after I got attacked by that rotter

We stayed behind while Clare went ahead of us. I told Max about where I was when the apocalypse first happened,and how I survived. He also told me how he survived.He said he was at school when it happened just like me and that he left to go find his mom and his little brother which he told me had just turned 5. I listened to him tell me how when he got to his house,he saw the most horrifying thing he had ever seen.

He saw his mother on the floor dead and a rotter eating her flesh. He had to sneak past the rotter and grab a kitchen knife. He told me after he got the knife he snuck up behind the rotter and stabbed it in the heart but when he realized it didn't work he had to stab it in the head. His mother still lay on the floor dead and so she wouldn't become on one of them he said he had to stab her in the head.

Max looked at me with sad eyes and said "I told Clare on the third day of traveling with her when I felt I could trust her and I feel like I can trust you too so that why I shared this with you." "I still don't know where my little brother is I searched the house,but couldn't find him". I grabbed his hand in mine and said" it's ok, I'm sure you will find him." He looked at me and shook his head" I don't think he would have survived being so young, unless someone found him that could survive,but I highly doubt it"he said with a sad sigh.

"Hey" I said looking at him"my mom and my dad are still missing along with my little sister Cassie and I will never loose hope of finding them and seeing them again,so you shouldn't loose hope on finding your little brother"I tell him with a small sad smile. He gives me a small smile and hugs me and I hug him back.

We just stand there hugging until someone clears their throat loudly. I look up to see Clare looking at use giving us a big smile I just blush and Max just awkwardly looks at the ground. "I ship it" Clare squealed excitedly. I just burry my face in my hands and groan in embarrassment."What dose the word "ship" supposed to mean", Max asked all confused? Clare just smirks and says "Ship is short for relationSHIP", I know what the term means and I look up and give Clare a look that said 'you are dead'. Clare looks at me and just smirks and continues walking.

4 hours later

Still Jennifer's POV:

It was sometime around 5 or 6 o'clock we were almost at the small town.I could see it ahead of us. It looked so close,but yet so far away. We walked for about another hour and since it was in the middle of fall it was getting dark fast. We arrived at the Small town and walked towards it making sure there was no danger.

I didn't know what the town was called neither did Clare nor Max. We walked around the town. It looked so empty and deserted." It looked like every one picked up their bags and left before the outbreak even got here"Clare said slowly putting her gun down."shh"Max said"it's a little bit to quiet". "Yah I agree,there can't just be the one town thats rotter free, there must be at least one rotter here,I said.

"WAIT" Clare shouted a little bit to loud."Clare shut up we don't know what's here,there could be a pack of totters waiting around the corner",Max said to her. "Sorry Clare said "but what if there is a squad of people here that make you feel save in this town at first then out of nowhere they attack you and kill you,"Clare exclaimed." And why would someone waist there time with that", Max asked. " Clare thought for a moment "What if they are caniboles that kill people then eat their flesh. Clare said.

"Yah Clare there is already something out there that already dose that", Max said sarcastically. "Really, who", Clare said completely clueless. "ROTTERS" we both yelled at her at the same time. "Well there's no reason to yell about it" Clare said. "No really I shouted,ROTTERS". "What?",Clare said. She turned around and sure enough there were about 7 rotters infront of us we all pulled out our guns. Thank god I let me dad teach me how to shoot a gun.I shot one rotter. I glanced over at Clare and saw her shoot one in the head the another. I saw one rotter coming up behind her, I ran over to her and shot it in the head.Clare turned about and thanked me. I nodded my head and looked over to see Max as killed 3 rotters.

We were all covered in blood and it smelt horrible. I really needed a shower,but we didn't have shelter nor any running showers any where that I know of. We continued walking though the small town. There were a few buildings that looked nice enough to stay in so Max insisted to go check one out alone while Clare and I checked out the other one.

Once Clare and I were inside the building I held up my gun and was ready to shoot any rotter that dared get near me. Clare also held up her gun. She kept on smirking and giggling. I gave her an annoyed look,but she didn't seem to notice. After five minutes of her giggling and smirking I finally spoke up, "Clare would you stop that it will attract rotters if there are any in here" ,I whispered."sorry ",she said, but I can't help it". "You too would make  such a cute couple",she said happily."Who",I asked playing dumb,I knew exactly who she was taking about.

"Oh you know you like like Max", she said with an evil smirk. I just blushed brighter than a red tomato. We have searched the whole building ,and from the looks of the remainings it looked to be a general market. There was food scattered every where and it was all rotting it smelt horrible. We grabbed canned foods and left the building we couldn't  stay there it smelt horrible.It just  looked nicer on the outside. We saw Max walk out of the other building he had blood all over him. Clare ran over to him and hugged him and asked him what happened. "I was looking for supplies and I already cleared everything and there were no rotters,but I didn't see that one sneaking up behind me" he said. "What do you mean you didn't see it".

He put his hand on his shoulder and hung his head ."What  happened" Clare shouted.  "Max"? I asked slowly approaching him,"what happened,what are you hiding ",I asked him. He looked up at Clare and I and pulled down his shirt sleeve covering his shoulder. There was a big rotter bit on his shoulder..................or so it looked like.

So here is chapter 5, questions
Will Max survive
Will Jennifer admit her feelings for him
Will Clare stop acting like a crazy fangirl
I'm very tired right now so sorry for any spelling errors.
~Haley