Trust:4

Hi sorry I haven't updated in a while got to caught up in school.Anyways here is chapter 4.I will try not to make it as horrible as the last chapter XD.

Jennifer's POV

I woke up to the sound of scratching at the door. I groaned in frustration and got up. I looked at Clare and Max.They were both still in a deep sleep.I guess I'm just a light sleeper.I walked past them and walked out of the living room to the door way.

I looked out the small window on the door that was blocked by curtains and saw two rotters. It confused me because I only heard one and I was sure of it. I couldn't open the door to kill them. One of them could get past me and hurt Clare and Max,so I had to lead them away from the house before I could kill them.

I ran to the back door of the house that lead to the backyard. I walked around to the front of the house and I looked at the two rotters and snuck up behind them. Then I stepped on a small stick on the ground and it split in two under my feet. I winced in surprise and fear, both rotters turned around at the same time and looked at me.

I got out my knife to kill them with. They both went towards me in a rush so I took three steps backwards and prepared to fight the first rotter came at me before the other which wasn't to far behind the first one. I ran up to the first one and stabbed him in the head. The rotter was about to fall backwards to the ground, but the other rotter came up behind the other one that I killed and pushed the other rotter forward to get to me. I gasped in fear as the dead rotter fell on top of me and I tried to push the rotter of of me,but it was to heavy. The second rotter came at me and was about to bite my arm. I couldn't get to my knife because it flew out of my hand when the rotter fell on me.

The rotter grabbed my arm and was pulling it towards him. I couldn't scream for help and I was sure Clare and Max were still asleep so I gave up on struggling and closed my eyes waiting for the pain to go thought my arm and soon turn me into one of them. But instead I felt the rotter being pulled off my arm and and I heard the sound of a knife going thought its head. Then I felt the rotter that was on top of me being pulled off.

I looked up to see Clare looking down at me with a look of concern on her face. I went to set up,but when I did a wave of pain shot thought my back. I winced in pain. Clare stuck her hand out for me to grab and I grabbed her hand as she pulled me up."What the hell were you thinking",Clare says as she glared at me.She then punched me in the arm,"ouch what was that for",I say giving her a death glare of my own. "It's for you trying to go off on your own",she said. "Oh sorry about that ",I said.She only nodded and hugged me.

Clare's POV

I was in a deep sleep when I just woke up out of nowhere. I got up off the couch and looked at Max but when I looked at the other couch I didn't see Jennifer. I stared to panic. What if she left us and took all our supplies and weapons,I thought,but then I saw her things were still here and I felt really dumb for thinking she wound betray us like that. I started to wonder were she, I glanced out the window and saw her on the ground with a rotter on top of her and one about to attack her.

I grabbed my gun and knife and opened the door and ran over to her. The rotter was on the
ground about to bite her,so I used all my straight and pulled it away from her and I stabbed it in the head. I dragged the other rotter of of Jennifer and helped her up. I punched her in the arm for going out alone like that. Then we went inside.

Jennifer's POV

Clare and I walked thought the door. Max was already up and looking worried. He looked up and saw us and said "where have you too been"he said. I had a look of shock on my face because he actually talked ,sure I have only known him for a few days,but during those few days he hasn't said a word to me. Clare and I look at him in shock and from the look on Clare's face she hasn't heard him talk in a while. The first thing that came out of my mouth was," you finally talked"I exclaimed! "So" he said looking at us."YAY" I heard Clare say "you talked for the first time in like ,weeks" she said happily with a smile.

I realized I haven't answered his question yet so I said,"and to answer your question,there were two rotters at the door and I went out to kill them then I messed up an- " I was cut of by Clare saying " and I saved her from a rotter that was about to kill her" she said looking proud of her self. I just glare at her for interrupting me and nod my head. Max has a look of confusion written across his face but nods his head.

We leave the house to continue our quest to find the small town going south. I think after today I can trust Clare but I don't know Max well enough to trust him yet. But I think the three of us will be a great team and great friends.

AN: ok so this is chapter four I hope you guys liked it and I will try to update as soon as I can so bye
   ~Haley